FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Cup Holder Options?

Quote Originally Posted by artisticent View Post
    I have an auto and definitely looking for a solution. Are you saying the cup holder with the 2 holes front to back is not conducive to a manual because of your arm hitting it as you're shifting? It seems the cup holders being next to each other in the earlier pictures is the best all around.
    No, the holes front to back is good for a standard shift. The holes left and right would be better for a auto. If you look at Deloreango site, they have a left/right holder that looks great, but the cups are so far back it's tough to reach. Both of my designs are easier to get at, but the left/right is slightly in the way for shifting.

If you would like to try the left/right, it's yours. The only thing you might need to do is install nutzerts where your screws go. I had to because the screws were kind of weak to hold it. I went to 10-32 size screws.

My VIN:    16563

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    No, the holes front to back is good for a standard shift. The holes left and right would be better for a auto. If you look at Deloreango site, they have a left/right holder that looks great, but the cups are so far back it's tough to reach. Both of my designs are easier to get at, but the left/right is slightly in the way for shifting.

If you would like to try the left/right, it's yours. The only thing you might need to do is install nutzerts where your screws go. I had to because the screws were kind of weak to hold it. I went to 10-32 size screws.
    I would love to give that a go, thank you. Let me know if I can venmo shipping. Im still not sure how the left and right config is worse for manual shifting but I prefer the look. On another note, I agree that the cup holder solution in the very back is too far back . I might powder coat yours black. It will look great.
    Thanks
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

I would love to give that a go, thank you. Let me know if I can venmo shipping. Im still not sure how the left and right config is worse for manual shifting but I prefer the look. On another note, I agree that the cup holder solution in the very back is too far back . I might powder coat yours black. It will look great.
    Thanks
    PM me a address. I don't care about the shipping cost. (I'm not going to ship it overnight)

My VIN:    1184

DeLorean Go Cupholder and Cellphone Holder

Greetings! I splurged and went with the DeLorean dual cupholder and smartphone holder. PROS: Great Quality 3-D printed. Easy to install! Looks great! Replaces stock catch-all tray. CONS: Cost $96. Inconvenient Location in car (not a great place to store a phone or a drink).

Overall, would make the purchase again. I use it every time I drive, have learned how to properly reach for my drink, and use the smartphone holder to hold the remote for my homemade flux capacitor.

https://www.deloreango.com/us/drinks-holder.html

PM me a address. I don't care about the shipping cost. (I'm not going to ship it overnight)
    Thank you, ill PM you now

I guess I should update this thread also. If any of you guys are thinking of copying my cup holders from above, after driving a few hundred miles, I do not recommend that design for a standard shift car. (I think it's still fine for an auto) I changed mine to a new style that I like much better for shifting. It is centered on the rest, but could be made offset if you even wanted more room for your arm. (At the expense of the pax.) It is real easy to reach the front cup holder. (I would say that is reserved for the driver) The ashtray still opens, but I don't care about that. I might even cover it.

IMG_0483.jpg

I guess I should update this thread also. If any of you guys are thinking of copying my cup holders from above, after driving a few hundred miles, I do not recommend that design for a standard shift car. (I think it's still fine for an auto) I changed mine to a new style that I like much better for shifting. It is centered on the rest, but could be made offset if you even wanted more room for your arm. (At the expense of the pax.) It is real easy to reach the front cup holder. (I would say that is reserved for the driver) The ashtray still opens, but I don't care about that. I might even cover it.

IMG_0483.jpg
    Received your side by side and love them. Thank you so much. Very kind. Ill take a picture when I screw them in this weekend

Received your side by side and love them. Thank you so much. Very kind. Ill take a picture when I screw them in this weekend
    I hope they work out for you. I think they will be fine for an automatic. If not, it won't hurt my feelings if you report back here and tell others. I wouldn't want someone copying them if they won't work.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22