FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Cup Holder Options?

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    IMHO, it doesn’t get any better than these: https://www.deloreango.com/us/catalo.../?q=Cup+holder
    Those look nice! Do you know what the diameter of the hole is. My wife and I use YETI cups (or their clones) all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Those look nice! Do you know what the diameter of the hole is. My wife and I use YETI cups (or their clones) all the time.
    Approx 2 3/4 inches wide. A soda can fits in with a little room to spare, as does a 20 ounce soda bottle. When I’m not using the cup holders I have a small DMC bag that I place over them. This not only holds phone chargers, EZPass, garage door opener, etc, but also hides the cup holders.

529D8F0E-C5C4-4AFE-8A4F-3F4D7A037F31.jpgA5EFD60A-B64D-4DD8-B08B-D335F5758B2C.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    Approx 2 3/4 inches wide. A soda can fits in with a little room to spare, as does a 20 ounce soda bottle. When I’m not using the cup holders I have a small DMC bag that I place over them. This not only holds phone chargers, EZPass, garage door opener, etc, but also hides the cup holders.

529D8F0E-C5C4-4AFE-8A4F-3F4D7A037F31.jpgA5EFD60A-B64D-4DD8-B08B-D335F5758B2C.jpg
    Thanks,
    Not sure if that is big enough for the insulted cups we use. I might make something out of stainless. That's one thing about this car is bare stainless looks appropriate.

[Thread Merged]
    So after viewing the other cup holder thread, I decided to try my own hand. I really liked the ones that fit in the original pocket between the seats. The only issue I saw was you can't reach back there easy. Also, I'm not sure if a "Yeti" cup will fit. (A must design criteria for my wife and I)

First thing to do was get out the "CAD" (cardboard aided design)

Next, transfer it into aluminum.

Put a bend in it. Actually did this multiple times to get the right bend.

It is held on by the two screws that hold the pocket. The problem was my screws were junky sheet metal screws that wouldn't hold something like this. So I put a couple nutzerts and 12-24 screws. Scotch brited the surface and Walla!

Yeti cup installed. It might appear to interfear with your arm, but it doesn't. The small amount that it moved the cups forward helps a lot in comfort.

Finally figured out how to post pics from my Supermoters account.

Last edited by Ron; 05-09-2021 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Merged Thread

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

You gonna make for other folks?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I posted this in another thread I started, but figured I should put a copy here.

So after viewing the other cup holder thread, I decided to try my own hand. I really liked the ones that fit in the original pocket between the seats. The only issue I saw was you can't reach back there easy. Also, I'm not sure if a "Yeti" cup will fit. (A must design criteria for my wife and I)
    The simplest solution tends to be the best. Noice!

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

And you don't smash your elbow into it shifting? Personally there is no way I could do this, maybe it is because my arms are long but I need room in order to shift and be comfortable.
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    And you don't smash your elbow into it shifting? Personally there is no way I could do this, maybe it is because my arms are long but I need room in order to shift and be comfortable.
    Honestly, I haven't driven the car since installing it. (Im waiting for new fuel lines) If it's a problem, I'll post back.

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Personally there is no way I could do this, maybe it is because my arms are long but I need room in order to shift and be comfortable.
    Ditto. My elbow must bend like yours. I could not have the cups where my arm goes.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    Ditto. My elbow must bend like yours. I could not have the cups where my arm goes.
    I just sat in the car and ran through the gears. It's not a problem. I find it's uncomfortable to have my elbow on top of the console. I'm 5'10" and with the seat at a nice location, my arm is going diagonal to the shifter. My shoulder is next to the cup holder, not over it. I guess a taller guy might have a problem.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast