FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Cup Holder Options?

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I got one of these http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0320&ppt=C0326

It noticed it one day when my friend was getting oil and it was only a dollar.
    I remember buying those for my doors back in the early to middle 80's. I thought about them again when I bought my D but, with the way the doors open, I didn't want to get wet when I opened it...
    Never thought about alternative places to hang it.

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    Went online to buy a couple tonight and they don't offer it online!! GRRRRRRR!!!!
    SO I checked eBay, and I can only get them in a group of 3 for 12.00 bucks. They are 0.99 in store.

Anyone on here making a trip to IKEA soon???
    I can send you a couple.. i found on Amazon, i don't need extras

My VIN:    3997

Quote Originally Posted by 16949 View Post
    I can send you a couple.. i found on Amazon, i don't need extras
    I would appreciate that! Are they black? PM me if you'd like.
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan King View Post
    I would appreciate that! Are they black? PM me if you'd like.

No, I think there's a white and another color. Are you going to DCS? I can bring them.

My VIN:    3997

No, I think there's a white and another color. Are you going to DCS? I can bring them.
    I am not. No. :[

I'm in Japan now, went to IKEA. they had the cups. But only in Red. Orange. And Green. :[
    Living The Dream Since 2005 - VIN#3997

My VIN:    3937

Anyone using the IKEA cupholders feel like they are a little too wide and let a slim bottle or can or coffee cup move around too freely? I put a coffee cup in mine and it's too wide to grab the sides of the cup. If I were to need to brake quickly or make a quick turn, it wouldn't stay still very well. It wouldn't dump right over, but it would slop out the opening depending on how full it was at the time. Anyone come up with something to fix that?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Bought mine at Autozone. I don't have a picture but I have the same issue. Anything larger than a can of Coke and I can't have it. Then I have to remember to grab it before I open my door......
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Anyone using the IKEA cupholders feel like they are a little too wide and let a slim bottle or can or coffee cup move around too freely? I put a coffee cup in mine and it's too wide to grab the sides of the cup. If I were to need to brake quickly or make a quick turn, it wouldn't stay still very well. It wouldn't dump right over, but it would slop out the opening depending on how full it was at the time. Anyone come up with something to fix that?
    They are not the optimal solution, imo, just a decent cheap and easy solution that doesnt permanently alter the car.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

My VIN:    3937

They are not the optimal solution, imo, just a decent cheap and easy solution that doesnt permanently alter the car.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
    Yep, lol. Completely agree with you. And the part about whoever comes up with an optimal solution could make a lot of money!!

I saw this cupholder gadget for sale that's meant for your bicycle handle bars. Now, who goes on a bike ride with a pop or coffee on their handle bars vs a water bottle in a bracket on the frame I don't know.

The opening is the perfect size for a medium coffee cup from the main coffee chain in this area. The catch is, it attaches on to a "bar" that would be going horizontal.

I'm trying to MacGuyver a solution to give me that bar and of late I was trying to find a combination of fittings or mounts from dashcams or home speakers or the like that would work. I don't want to drill into anything and make it permanent, but I don't want to wear the coffee if it slips and spills from using a clip or suction cup that stopped holding on tight.

This is it here: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ev...0028p.html#srp

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2222

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCH) (DCUK)

I still like the one I found at Walmart that fits perfectly on console between the seats (in the recessed area where the tray is-so it will not move). It holds all sizes of cups and travel mugs quite securely and requires no modifications and is easily removable. (https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-EMIC-...=1&*entries*=0). The picture make it look much bigger than it really is.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast