FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Well, this scared the heck out of me.

My VIN:    4534

Well, this scared the heck out of me.

I'm bored today at work so of course I start researching Red a little. Searching for red Deloreans in the gulf area gets you this: http://www.people.com/people/archive...060181,00.html It's an article about John Karr who was suspected of killing Jon Benet. Further research shows the Delorean ended up in Pensacola Florida after it sold at auction. So here I am hoping I do not have the car of a suspected child killer while I search for the VIN. Thankfully I found a later article that gives the VIN. 6172, still possibly in Pensacola. http://www.team.net/mharc/archives/h.../msg00045.html

I love my Delorean of course but I'd like to keep thinking she has a happy history. I honestly couldn't tell you what I'd do if she had been the D from the stories.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

That particular car was owned by a girl named Heather who was, at the time of all the publicity, an active member of this forum. I still have a recording on my hard drive of the report that aired on the tabloid TV show "Inside Edition" about it if anyone out there is interested.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

ah, yes, i vaguely remember reading about this D on the old forum.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Wasn't John Karr found "not guilty"?

Nothing witty here lest it offend

The news made a lot of it, as though the car was the natural choice for creepy kid touchers. At the time, DMCH asked people here to stop talking about it. Thankfully, people have forgotten about the association now.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDMC12 View Post
    Wasn't John Karr found "not guilty"?
    His DNA did not match the DNA at the scene, the case was vacated, he turned himself into a woman.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mark_Karr

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    The news made a lot of it, as though the car was the natural choice for creepy kid touchers.
    It's undeniable that it would be a good choice; just look at the number of little boys that are drawn to them.

My VIN:    4534

I'm just overwhelmingly grateful that it wasn't my car. I read about the inside edition episode and went looking for it on Youtube to see if I knew the neighborhood and if it was around where Red was stored back in 06. If it displays the car I'd be interested in seeing it. I'm still being confused with a local red Delorean and I can't find it anywhere. I know it isn't me, I don't go to liquor stores.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny_Z View Post
    I'm still being confused with a local red Delorean and I can't find it anywhere. I know it isn't me, I don't go to liquor stores.
    At a prior company I worked for we had a fleet of red Commodores for each branch (rebadged and sold as Lumina's to your market). They had the company logo on each panel and the number plate (license plate to you guys) for each one was custom - our company name plus the number of the vehicle. The number system had gaps, so they went up to around 30 I believe but many numbers did not exist (no idea the reason).

These fleet cars were taken home each night/weekend by their branch manager and 2IC, but aside from that were not meant to be used for personal trips.

However, once in a while someone would spot number 12 cruising around on a non-work related trip. It might get spotted one weekend exiting a shopping centre, a few months later cruising through a suburban street during business hours (in an area it otherwise shouldn't be for our business), and I myself eventually saw it heading in the opposite direction along a road nearby me one weekend.

It made for interesting gossip once in a while over Friday night drinks, as nobody could ever make out the driver of this almost "legendary" number 12 car and those chatting about it obviously wanted to know who was flouting this car around. Eventually, and especially having made the sighting myself, I asked the chick who managed our fleet who it was that is assigned to this "legendary" car 12.

There was no car 12
    Chris

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    There was no car 12
    [insert "Twilight Zone music here]

Interesting topic.

In general, would it matter if one of your PO's was a criminal, whether a bank-robber, rapist or murderer? I can understand one not wanting the car if either of the latter two crimes had been actually committed in the car itself (though if it was the get-away car for a non-violent robbery, that would be kinda funny)

Keeping away from Karr's car in particular, say you found that your car was previousy owned by OJ, would you sell it? (I'm not asking Kenny specifically) Do you think that somehow it makes the car evil? If it creeps you out that part of your interests and OJ's interests intersect, then you could never own a D, no matter which one.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    [insert "Twilight Zone music here]

Interesting topic.

In general, would it matter if one of your PO's was a criminal, whether a bank-robber, rapist or murderer? I can understand one not wanting the car if either of the latter two crimes had been actually committed in the car itself (though if it was the get-away car for a non-violent robbery, that would be kinda funny)

Keeping away from Karr's car in particular, say you found that your car was previousy owned by OJ, would you sell it? (I'm not asking Kenny specifically) Do you think that somehow it makes the car evil? If it creeps you out that part of your interests and OJ's interests intersect, then you could never own a D, no matter which one.
    I dunno. But I wonder what happened to that white Bronco. I bet if it's still arround it'd be worth some money to the right person.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast