FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Road Trip!

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Ian is officially on his way. First stop tonight (planned) is Ft. Stockton TX roughly 450 miles. After driving 7-8 hours, he will still be in TX.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Ian (or Shannon), do you have an approximate route in mind? Clockwise, anti-clockwise. Maybe even an approximate schedule?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Ian (or Shannon), do you have an approximate route in mind? Clockwise, anti-clockwise. Maybe even an approximate schedule?
    I know Ian is heading west. He's planning on visiting an observatory in West Texas then it's on to New Mexico. He'll go to the West coast first then drive north to Vancouver BC. Then it's east to Maine and then south to Key West. Then back to Texas. I'm not sure of all the places he's planning on stopping at. Hopefully his blog will have a lot of information. Check his blog in the morning for the latest. He's suppose to be blogging at night. Hopefully he won't be spending a lot of time on car repairs

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
    I know Ian is heading west. He's planning on visiting an observatory in West Texas then it's on to New Mexico. He'll go to the West coast first then drive north to Vancouver BC. Then it's east to Maine and then south to Key West. Then back to Texas. I'm not sure of all the places he's planning on stopping at. Hopefully his blog will have a lot of information. Check his blog in the morning for the latest. He's suppose to be blogging at night. Hopefully he won't be spending a lot of time on car repairs
    Unless he goes north of Lake Superior it sounds like he'll be driving through my neck of the woods. Like I mentioned earlier I'd be happy to meet up with him. I can also assist with any maintenence that may be needed or even just an oil change after that many miles. Keep us informed. His blog is currently less than informative about the trip itself, hopefully he'll keep it frequently updated during most stops.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I envy you! My bucket list is not very big or exciting, but going on a road trip across the country via car(especially a cool car) is definately near the top. I have always wanted to incorporate Route 66 in my journey as well.

Anyway, if you make west NC or East Tn part of your journey send me a PM! I will meet up with you on the Blue Ridge Parkway(this is a must see if you have never been) and I will treat you to lunch in Asheville, which is another town I recommend visiting. I live in Kingsport,(East Tennessee) and we have a few cool attractions here too like Bays Mountain(pretty much everything you want to know about the Appalachian mountains in one large park).

I hope you have a safe and fun journey!
    Michael
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Bays Mountain was one of my favorite places when i lived in Kingsport!
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

I spoke to Ian yesterday and he was going to stay overnight in Boerne. Today he was going to go to Enchanted Rock then on to Ft. Davis where the Fort Davis Observatory is.

Yesterday when I spoke to Ian he had just finished taking a tour (walking I'm sure ) of Carlsbad caverns. The plan today is to go to Roswell NM. UFOs and Deloreans kinda sounds like they go together. Check out his blog site.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3