FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Bicycle

/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\ Freaky Beetle's Avatar

My VIN:    2812

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

DeLorean Bicycle

I just herd the news about the launch of the DeLorean Bicycle. Interestingly enough the company is based out of Calhoun, GA (about 10 minutes from my house). I spoke to the owner today and hope to go by and get some pictures and info about the bike. Should be interesting.

http://deloreanbicycle.com/
    Jai Johnston1981 DMC-12 : 2812 : Black Interior : Automatic
    2012 Beetle Turbo
    1998 Widebody New Beetle
    1968 Beetle (Under Restoration)

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Not sure about the model name "DeLorean Anyday". After seeing all the BTTF references with the DMC EV, I thought a better model name
    would be "DeLorean Any Time". Some interesting technology being used (or planned to be used).

In one of my previous lives, I worked for Schwinn Bicycle Corporate Offices in Chicago (early 80's through the early 90's), so I know a little
    about the bicycle world ... both the mass production process and the limited production, specialty bicycles (the Schwinn Paramount line).

Interesting side note ... I learned about the Back to the Future movie (and the use of the DeLorean car) from my friends who ran the Schwinn
    Bicycle Museum, since many of the bicycles used in Back to the Future (including George's) were on loan from the Schwinn Bicycle Museum.

Edward Schwinn Jr. (CEO) had a pre-release BTTF poster on his office door back in the Winter of 1984/1985, complete with a DeLorean on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Beetle View Post
    I just herd the news about the launch of the DeLorean Bicycle. Interestingly enough the company is based out of Calhoun, GA (about 10 minutes from my house). I spoke to the owner today and hope to go by and get some pictures and info about the bike. Should be interesting.

http://deloreanbicycle.com/

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

This really belongs in the "Open Discussion" section.

/[_][_]==DMC==[_][_]\ Freaky Beetle's Avatar

My VIN:    2812

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

You have to be careful when using your name as a brand. This project looks like a great use of the DeLorean name. It is a high quality unit that is actually made from stainless. Not like those Jeep branded strollers and such. Audi had taken similar aproches with their name as well offering high end niche products (I think there was an Audi piano). If it ultimately drives more interest in the actual car I am all for it. The more people that want DeLoreans, the more my car is worth.
    Jai Johnston1981 DMC-12 : 2812 : Black Interior : Automatic
    2012 Beetle Turbo
    1998 Widebody New Beetle
    1968 Beetle (Under Restoration)

I'm concerned with the fact that the price is, from what I heard, at around $5,000.00. For the cost of 3 bicycles, you can buy a DeLorean that needs some work, or a real basket-case for the cost of the bike.

My VIN:    3501

Club(s):   (DMA)

DMCBIKE.jpg Here it is in all it's glory. I took this picture at the NY Jacob Javits show.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Beetle View Post
    You have to be careful when using your name as a brand. This project looks like a great use of the DeLorean name. It is a high quality unit that is actually made from stainless. Not like those Jeep branded strollers and such. Audi had taken similar aproches with their name as well offering high end niche products (I think there was an Audi piano). If it ultimately drives more interest in the actual car I am all for it. The more people that want DeLoreans, the more my car is worth.
    I don't get where the bike will get people to want to buy the car or drive interest in the car. I think the idea here is to get people that have the car or are a fan of the car that has to have everything with the word DeLorean on it to buy a bike.

I'll pass on this, I don't have to have everything that is licensed with the word DeLorean on it, and I'm sure I could get a much cheaper bike at the local Target or sporting goods store/bike shop.
    "your delusions are yours and not mine!"

It looks pretty fuckin' meh. They should stick to Hotwheels and overpriced watches. Seriously, there doesn't appear to anything innovative about this shit. And SS as a building material?! As a cyclist I tell you that's fuckin' retarded heavy. Any relatively expierienced road cyclist knows that weight is key, and should know that SS is heavy. If were a MTB I might understand, because of the strength aspect, but for a road bike? No.

Club(s):   (DCF)

Rubber belt for the "anyday" model.

Anyways, laaaammeeeee.
    Former Owner : 4875

So it's okay for me to say that this is a stupid move on Houston's part?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast