FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The DeLorean/Consolidated International connection...

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Wouldn't you love to remove the rear fascia and see what's written on the end of the frame

Was there ever a bill-of-lading found from Consolidate or the shipping firm, listing the VINs that went to Consolidated. Was the fire you mention the one at the factory, or one at Consolidated?
    I'm sure there was, but it's not turned up if it still exists. I have a list of cars that were at the port in Long Beach when they were transferred from DMC to Consolidated in late 1982.

I haven't said anything (in this thread) about a fire - what are you referring to?

James

Wouldn't you love to remove the rear fascia and see what's written on the end of the frame
    I would hope that whomever buys this car from the current owner will do that, or allow it to happen.

James

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Sorry, in post 7, you said the files were destroyed in the late 80s, and I added "in a fire" in my head for some reason. Wasn't there a fire at Dunmurry that destroyed some records iirc, and I must have blended stories.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

I love the picture from that article of the woman filling out the ticket for the raffle drawing.

Looks like the gold plated Delorean VIN 20105. Pic was taken in 1985.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thanks for posting that link

Sorry, in post 7, you said the files were destroyed in the late 80s, and I added "in a fire" in my head for some reason. Wasn't there a fire at Dunmurry that destroyed some records iirc, and I must have blended stories.
    The only fire at the factory was on 5th May 1981, early morning of the day Bobby Sands died.The Portacabin (200 x 50 feet) was burned to the ground destoying personnel records, engineering drawings and quality files.The personnel records were repeated - that's the reason why an employees badge is dated May/June 1981 (if he/she was employed at that time).
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nick sutton View Post
    The only fire at the factory was on 5th May 1981, early morning of the day Bobby Sands died.The Portacabin (200 x 50 feet) was burned to the ground destoying personnel records, engineering drawings and quality files.The personnel records were repeated - that's the reason why an employees badge is dated May/June 1981 (if he/she was employed at that time).
    Nick
    Wondered why your name badge had a May 1981 date on it...

James

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    I contacted Consolidated in the mid-90s looking for that info when I was trying to sort out the VIN # mess and they said all those files were destroyed in the late 80s.

We have a list of the cars that were reported to DMC by selling dealers that goes to Feb 83. Presumably, cars not on that list were either sold by the dealers after DMC folded, or in the case of the 15xxx, 16xxx, 17xxx and 20xxx cars, sold by Consolidated. I would think the late VIN of your car, and the Consolidated business card (who's name on it, btw?) would indicate that it was most likely either sold by Consolidated to a retail customer or sold by Consolidated to a dealer for retail sale.

James
    James, here is what I found. The top tag was probably for a spare key.

Andy
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2