FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: All Wiring Schematics

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

NP!

I wish I would of had those pics in the begining...

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    NP!

I wish I would of had those pics in the begining...
    Well, better late than never
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

Ignition Resistor Connections

instrument? cluster wiring connector pin diagram

Where can I find a legend for each pin on the instrument cluster connectors? It was on the old site. Thanks!

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

interior/courtesy light circuit

Here's a slightly different version of the interior light circuit which includes the color of the diodes. I hope it's helpful to anyone who misplaces their diodes like I did.

int-lites-schem.jpg
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

Wire color corrected for feeds from Fuses 2 & 8 in TailLight.jpg above (Please confirm and replace/delete).

TailLamp2.jpg
    Last edited by Ron; 04-13-2014 at 08:25 PM.

My VIN:    3937

Brake warning light circuit

Does a simplified schematic exist for the brake warning light circuit (like the ones at the beginning of this thread)?

It's not a complicated circuit and I didn't see one, but thought I would at least ask.

In the main wiring diagram for everything, you can see the brake warning light wiring:

ScreenHunter_32 Jul. 19 19.25.jpg

What got me wondering is from trying to troubleshoot an intermittent brake warning light. It comes on with the parking brake handle most of the time, but also will just decide to not work for a while and then suddenly start working again. It stopped working this week one day and so it won't remind me the parking brake lever is pulled up. I was leaving a cruise night the other day and drove much of the way home before realizing someone pulled it up on me at the show. Dumb of me not to realize right away, but I guess I rely on the bulb coming on and not the handle brushing against my leg.

The part that I was questioning was when I got into the brake fluid reservoir area and looked at the switch on top of the reservoir. It has never functioned on my car as another way to turn the light on. I know it should, but it doesn't. The connector has three terminals yet my harness end of the connector has the middle wire clipped and only has about a millimeter of it poking out still. The diagram seems to indicate only two wires, but I wasn't sure so thought I would ask.

I see there is a diode down a little further on the harness and I'll check it's connections as well. It seems like even if the diode were having problems, it shouldn't affect the parking brake lever wiring as it appears to come after it. Not sure about that though. I don't imagine it is the bulb itself or some fuse as it comes on at times just not consistently.

As a test, I could just jumper the two outside connections on the harness connector and it should basically simulate the switch completing and turn the warning light on, right? (on the reservoir switch that is... although the same test you would think should work on the parking brake lever switch too).
    Last edited by Jonathan; 07-19-2014 at 07:37 PM.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    03572

I don't see a diode on my schematic. It looks like either switch closed would turn on the light, so it must just be your hand brake switch or it's connections that are bad.

By the way, I always set my parking brake fully (I don't keep it in gear). So if I forgot the brake my car would stall since my parking brakes hold very good.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I don't see a diode on my schematic. It looks like either switch closed would turn on the light, so it must just be your hand brake switch or it's connections that are bad.

By the way, I always set my parking brake fully (I don't keep it in gear). So if I forgot the brake my car would stall since my parking brakes hold very good.
    Interesting you mention about stalling. That's exactly what made me notice it eventually. I'm squaring away a bit of an idling issue and then I think I confused the two together because as I was leaving the cruise night and going home, I got behind a steady stream of cars from the 30s or 40s doing about that speed in km/hr and so I couldn't give it much gas while in DRIVE or I'd ram into them. Goofy how I think it had more to do with the parking brake than the idle, but you can trick yourself sometimes by being to focused on one aspect and not the other.

I'll have to double check on the diode. There definitely appears to be one just beyond the two wires the branch off to the reservoir switch and it looks to be wrapped up with another section of wiring harness. I thought that was what the black rectangle on the main diagram was showing?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast