FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Interior "Dye"-lemma...Which Gray Interior Dye is Closest To Original & How To Fix?

Post Josh Q's Completed Two-tone interior photos!

So after being unable to get the gray to work right(both in color and "feel"), I went with SEM Landau black and did a two-tone set-up and it turned out great in my opinion:

The new DMCH dash was painted Landau black to match the rest of the black parts as well. I really like it! The seat covers are also DMCH and I love them(only took me 10-11 hours to cover)! They are more of a charcoal than black, but still are a great addition to the interior. I will change the carpet to the late style light gray this fall.
    Last edited by DeloreanJoshQ; 04-05-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Ohhh! I freakin' love it! Dream interior. Good job, man!

Ps. I think you should keep the light gray carpets. Its a really clean, nice contrast, plus it'll save you a few bucks.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

Hey, I would love to see the pictures of the interior – it looks like the pictures don't exist anymore. Could you repost them?

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    So after being unable to get the gray to work right(both in color and "feel"), I went with SEM Landau black and did a two-tone set-up and it turned out great in my opinion:

The new DMCH dash was painted Landau black to match the rest of the black parts as well. I really like it! The seat covers are also DMCH and I love them(only took me 10-11 hours to cover)! They are more of a charcoal than black, but still are a great addition to the interior. I will change the carpet to the late style light gray this fall.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4