FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stopped starting

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Fox2506 View Post
    Just tried to start it this morning after a couple of days of rain. The car has been covered up but is still moist.

It clicked but didn't start. Checked fuses real quick, as the compartment is still open. Tried again, and starter kicked in for a second.

Waited a bit, and finally started.

Something must have just been wet. Any idea what it could be? Otherwise the car continues to start just fine after fixing that plug.

Edit: What I'm asking is; what would be notorious for getting wet and not working, regarding the starter?
    Not much would be sensitive to moisture. How old is your battery? Make sure the battery connections are tight.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Sounds like it could be a bad connection or possibly a bad battery. Check all of the "big" connections and have the battery load tested. It could also be the starter (worn brushes), or a worn out solenoid. If the car was ever flooded it could have gotten to the starter, it is low enough.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Not much would be sensitive to moisture. How old is your battery? Make sure the battery connections are tight.

My VIN:    2506

All tight, new battery. More recently, it's been dry and starting fine. Again, it only had trouble when wet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3