FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: The best photos you've ever taken of your car...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Thanks Michael, i appreciate it! What is a tilt shift?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Tilt shift is an old school way of making a double exposure to make the foreground and background surrounding the subject look slightly out of focus, and punching up the colors to make your subject look like a scale model in a diorama. Most cameras these days do that with one menu setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Dietrich View Post
    Here are a couple I took last night after I got a four wheel alignment and gave her a good bath...
    Twilight is one of my favorite lighting conditions for these cars. The first one at ground level is great. And I agree about the doors...these cars look awesome with the doors closed, in fact they look good from any angle.

One thing I try to do is step away from my subject to give a more honest depiction of the car's true shape as it is in person. You know the front of the car with the doors up on the DOA logos? That's hideous and the picture used to make that logo was taken from a very near position forcing the camera to give us a perspective that is not 100% accurate. If that same picture was taken from 30' away and zoomed in to frame instead of 3' away, the fisheye/peep hole perspective would be gone leaving one strikingly gorgeous car. Instead we get this morphed stupid looking front end and a pair of doors, no fender flares, no mirrors, no real body width because it is all covered up by standing too close to the front.

Too damn close:

2017-09-09-21-56-14-.jpg

Better:

images-2.jpg
    Last edited by Michael; 09-09-2017 at 09:58 PM.

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Here's one I took yesterday on a little rally up Angels Crest Highway... incorporates enhanced perspective & fisheye.

DMC-FISHEYE.jpg

Senior Member Christian Dietrich's Avatar

My VIN:    11035

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Tilt shift is an old school way of making a double exposure to make the foreground and background surrounding the subject look slightly out of focus, and punching up the colors to make your subject look like a scale model in a diorama. Most cameras these days do that with one menu setting.
    Oh okay as I didn't know what you meant by that and I wasn't trying to go for no trick photography or anything like that because I simply just took it in the Twilight hours of the evening would just my camera phone and just trying to hurry up because I had dinner in the oven lol. Besides the first shot of it at ground level I got from my seven-year-old son because the crazy angles he takes pictures with his camera phone or my digital camera when we're at car shows or pictures he has taken at our club events is really astonishing for a little seven-year-old boy! Getting camera shots at his height level really changes how you look at things.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Twilight is one of my favorite lighting conditions for these cars. The first one at ground level is great. And I agree about the doors...these cars look awesome with the doors closed, in fact they look good from any angle.

One thing I try to do is step away from my subject to give a more honest depiction of the car's true shape as it is in person. You know the front of the car with the doors up on the DOA logos? That's hideous and the picture used to make that logo was taken from a very near position forcing the camera to give us a perspective that is not 100% accurate. If that same picture was taken from 30' away and zoomed in to frame instead of 3' away, the fisheye/peep hole perspective would be gone leaving one strikingly gorgeous car. Instead we get this morphed stupid looking front end and a pair of doors, no fender flares, no mirrors, no real body width because it is all covered up by standing too close to the front.

Too damn close:

2017-09-09-21-56-14-.jpg

Better:

images-2.jpg
    Yeah yeah see what you mean and I definitely like the second picture better because I like seeing shots of the car where you can get a three-dimensional look at the different angles of the car of down the sides, the front, a little bit of the roof line. Something that shows the actual true form of the car. With this kind of car and the angular shapes and sharp lines that it has it's really almost impossible to take a bad shot unless you do the fish eye thing and that up close photo that you first posted.

Vin 11035 wide stripe, flat hood, 5 speed, Spec 1 exhaust, custom grey/black interior, custom lighting, custom stereo and custom alot of stuff!

My VIN:    05017

Photo by Student of Florida's Polytechnic University for FLPolyCon2018

mydelorean.jpg

Photo by Me at Cobb Theater in Lakeland, FL for Ready Player One

3FB1B98D-C427-4080-B173-4086250AF64D.jpg

My VIN:    7075

My car and my always happy dog.
    Attached Images

Halos in the darkness. My 82 DeLorean and my wifes 2016 Challenger R/T Shaker

My wife had this made for me a few months ago. It's a hardwood panel with your image bonded to it and coated. It looks very contemporary especially since she made it a collage with some of my fav. pics.

The only picture that is not mine is the one that a fellow member took of his car with the cover on it(I always liked that one).

FB_IMG_1524657365504.jpgFB_IMG_1524657369319.jpgFB_IMG_1524657372711.jpg

My VIN:    2607

In Guanajuato, México.

Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast