FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MUSIC from the original DeLorean Commercial! RE-RECORDED and MASTERED! (+ ring-tone)

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by kajcienski View Post
    Very cool! I work with voice over talent so if we want to go for the original, I am sure I can find someone who sounds very close.
    Go for it. I'll ask Farrar if he wants to put something together so we can have a couple of voices to make a decision on which to go with.
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by tyb323 View Post
    Go for it. I'll ask Farrar if he wants to put something together so we can have a couple of voices to make a decision on which to go with.
    Cool - Did you want to go retro with the filming? Or re-create it with a more modern feel? I'll try to lock up a VO guy who sounds like the original as an option.

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

That was my initial goal, but finding a 1st generation tape of the commercial video would be quite a task! (and extremely unlikely) The voice over would be simple though...
    I have a 1st gen copy of the commercial. It was the source for the YouTube video you linked to (I posted it). Who did you try to contact about the music? It is possible the original audio tracks still exist at the same source I got the commercial from.

Quote Originally Posted by Malevy View Post
    I have a 1st gen copy of the commercial. It was the source for the YouTube video you linked to (I posted it). Who did you try to contact about the music? It is possible the original audio tracks still exist at the same source I got the commercial from.
    Hi! I would be curious to see how good of a picture we can actually pull from that source video you used for the post - Was it on original broadcast 3/4 inch tape by chance? If it was, we might be in business as far as video! Would love to find out. The sheet music from the original scoring session is what I would have loved - (since I wanted to actually re-record it live in a modern studio rather than restore 30 year old audio it didn't matter) - your very helpful video post and a couple other videos I found did the trick! At least we have the project rolling with new music - we are half way there! Would be fun to see owners create their own commercials with the track and post here

Hi! I would be curious to see how good of a picture we can actually pull from that source video you used for the post - Was it on original broadcast 3/4 inch tape by chance? If it was, we might be in business as far as video! Would love to find out. The sheet music from the original scoring session is what I would have loved - (since I wanted to actually re-record it live in a modern studio rather than restore 30 year old audio it didn't matter) - your very helpful video post and a couple other videos I found did the trick! At least we have the project rolling with new music - we are half way there! Would be fun to see owners create their own commercials with the track and post here
    Hmm.. Maybe mine is not 1st gen then? I have a VHS copy that was made from the original 3/4 tape. so, maybe mine is 2nd gen? I do know that my copy is straight from the source, not a copy of a copy, or recorded off of television.

The version on YouTube is not nearly as good as what was on the tape. I have not looked at the original in years. I guess I am confused as to what you are trying to accomplish with this project?

Hmm.. Maybe mine is not 1st gen then? I have a VHS copy that was made from the original 3/4 tape. so, maybe mine is 2nd gen? I do know that my copy is straight from the source, not a copy of a copy, or recorded off of television.

The version on YouTube is not nearly as good as what was on the tape. I have not looked at the original in years. I guess I am confused as to what you are trying to accomplish with this project?
    It would be ideal to get a high res digital export of the original 3/4 tape! Would that be possible you think? Ideally I would love to restore the picture and have the re-recorded music and voice over synced.

Cool - Did you want to go retro with the filming? Or re-create it with a more modern feel? I'll try to lock up a VO guy who sounds like the original as an option.
    I want to use the same script and recreate it shot for shot, but with a nice hd camera. I may fiddle with some video effects to make it look similar to the original, but at the same time, I want it to look like something you'd see on tv today.
    Tyler Butler

It would be ideal to get a high res digital export of the original 3/4 tape! Would that be possible you think? Ideally I would love to restore the picture and have the re-recorded music and voice over synced.
    I had to sleep with someone to get it... and, was asked not to distribute it without being watermarked.

DeLorean Owner, Missouri jmrydholm's Avatar

My VIN:    10715

sweet, I loves it.

I had to sleep with someone to get it...
    I'm so sorry for you...
    So who is this and how can I get ahold of them?
    Tyler Butler

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast