FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting new links...

DMC Texas 800-872-3621 or +1-281-441-2537 DMCH James's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 10570 and 6776

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (SCDC) (DCUK)

My VIN:    6585

Very interesting. I also didn't know there was footage of the AmEx cars driving around.

As for the second article, rather interesting, although the author does leave out the entire "Gold Facets" memo and how Scotland Yard closed the case. If true, I also would tend to believe more that the British Government would squash such a story in order to protect their investment, rather than JZD having tight connections with Rupert Murdoch.

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Very interesting. I also didn't know there was footage of the AmEx cars driving around.

As for the second article, rather interesting, although the author does leave out the entire "Gold Facets" memo and how Scotland Yard closed the case. If true, I also would tend to believe more that the British Government would squash such a story in order to protect their investment, rather than JZD having tight connections with Rupert Murdoch.
    Absolutely correct - by October 1981 we had reached full production and it was not in the Government's interest to create a negative atmosphere. Although John did perpetuate the press coverage by suing everyone in sight. This didn't help at all.

Extract from my Book " Flight of the DeLorean " October 1981

By the end of the next week it was all over. There would be no arrests or prosecutions and no police investigation.

We heard on the BBC News that John was suing anyone that had a hand in the story. He hired Lord Goodman "The gentleman's lawyer" to pursue and prosecute the guilty. This news hit the headlines even more than the first story of allegations of misappropriation of government money.So the bad press continued day after day even though it could have been buried immediately after the police investigation had been halted by Mrs Thatcher.We'd had enough bad press and the sensible thing would be for the matter to disappear from the public eye.

Once again the bull had run through the China Shop.

But life continued within the factory and we made progress. Eighteen hundred cars were shipped in October our biggest volume ever. It’s possible that our then current performance and renewed credibility swayed the Government into avoiding a battle and an unnecessary public enquiry. For the first and probably last time we were viewed as a successful company.

Bache Hasley Stuart Shield, the underwriting brokerage firm undertaking the public stock issue agreed to delay the public offering and wait for a better climate for DeLorean affairs allowing the current buzz in the press to quieten down.The Marian Gibson affair was too fresh in the minds of the public, a few months delay would be a much better time for the launch. Say, after Christmas in January1982?

In hindsight it now seems likely that had Marion Gibson not initiated the Police and Government enquiry process in September and October the Public stock offering would have progressed according to plan and the flotation would have been a huge success.
    We were riding high as a company, production was at its peak and there were no major concerns.

At least non that was publicised.

The financial elastic band was creaking and it was only those of us close to the action that could hear the sound.
    Last edited by nick sutton; 05-30-2012 at 03:34 PM.

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Most of the image from the video came from the tape released by the DeLorean Owner Association called "Back from the future" a few years ago.
    Last edited by Domi; 08-08-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Add picture

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

I don't suppose it would be possible to rip that and put it on youtube, would it?
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

I don't know, I would like to try, but I need to buy a VCR with a DVD recorder, because it doesn't work when I plug my VCR on my computer
    Anyway, I'm sure there is a way to do it.
    On the other hand, I have some other tape that would be interested to do the same way such as:

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

All you need is a VCR with S-Video out and a USB capture device, they aren't very expensive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16815306013
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

I bought a device like this a few years ago and it never worked, I was able to hear the sound but no image.
    Maybe it wasn't a good device in quality, I have to try a new one like you said, thanks!

The Pennebaker video is available on YouTube: (it's not mine)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sueqDrq9VBw

I also found two other tape in one of my box:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast