FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DCS 2012: Travel Updates ... Gas Prices, Construction Notices, Speed Traps, etc.

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Travel Update

Just rolled through down town Atlanta using I-75 S at 4:30 AM and it was a peach, no traffic at all and no construction.
    Will keep everyone posted.
    Last edited by Delorean02378; 06-12-2012 at 05:51 AM.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean02378 View Post
    Just rolled through down town Atlanta using I-75 S at 4:30 AM and it was a peach, no traffic at all and no construction.
    Will keep everyone posted.
    I see what you did there
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashyukun View Post
    Those of you headed down from my neck of the woods or further North that plan to take I-75 will start seeing signs as you get near the southern end of Kentuck about I-75 going down to one lane.

Having just gone through THAT nightmare, I HIGHLY recommend following their instructions for the detour- when I went through around 5pm this afternoon it was about an hour and a half of crawling along up and down hills at speeds too low for the speedo to register. Even if the detour is twice the distance and only 35 mph it's WAY better than getting stuck in that mess.

Thankfully 16655 made it through with flying colors, but I was more than a bit worried about the cooling system, clutch, and my foot from having to work it constantly.
    Yep, I TOTALLY got stuck in this on Saturday. I probably lost at least an hour in traffic. And that was a Saturday at about 3:30! It is not a good situation. In March my girlfriend and I drove from Cincy to Gatlinburg and on the way down, we had heard on the traffic radio that part of 75 had eroded away down the mountain side and it was down to one lane (it had actually happened that night). Three days later when we were heading home, that section of southbound 75 (about 10 miles), was completely shut down, and they were sending people off the highway.

Before my drive I checked to see if 75 was open and everything I read made it sound like 75 was back to normal there. It is not! Not only does it go down to 1 lane, but it's one lane on the NORTHBOUND side made from their left shoulder.

Just as I crossed into Tennessee, I started seeing signs saying that 75 goes down to 1 lane at mile 144 (Tennessee starts at mile 161). Luckily I got off at Jellico and filled up and went into the mess with a full tank of gas. Though it may actually go down to one lane at 144, the mess for me started at 150, 6 miles prior. By mile 150 I was stopped on the highway, just slowly crawling. If I reccall correctly, it's one lane for at least 6-8 miles too. I think around mile 138 it finally opened back up and I could get up to speed. Those 12 miles, from 150-138 were brutal.

Be warned! Like I said, this was a Saturday at 3:30pm so I dont know what a week day will be like; especially at different times throughout the day.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 06-12-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3