FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DMCH seat covers

My VIN:    3281, 6344

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    DMC Texas is the only way I'd go if I needed replacement seatcovers, unless I were able to procure a perfect set of New Old Stock seatcovers instead. The only way the DMC Texas seatcovers are inferior to their original NOS counterparts is they don't properly mimick the NOS pebble finish. Still, they're lightyears ahead of every other option.
    Someone (and for some reason I'm thinking it was Barry Wills) said that the factory selected furniture grade leather for the seats, hence why the originals have not held up well at all (with use) over the years...

The DMC reproductions are very nice. And a set of those is a bargain compared to having custom one-off covers made (which was the only alternative to NOS before these came out).

Travis
    Last edited by tgraham; 03-28-2013 at 11:50 AM.

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by tgraham View Post
    Someone (and for some reason I'm thinking it was Barry Wills) said that the factory selected furniture grade leather for the seats, hence why the originals have not held up well at all (with use) over the years...
    Not surprising- the DeLorean had really cheap interior finishes. I know they contracted with Chrysler for some dash/binnacle pieces, hence why they discolor & crack to hell.

For what it's worth, I helped Bill Robertson install a new set of DMC Texas seatcovers several years back, and they still look awesome. For those who don't know Bill, he uses his DeLorean like a work truck. He drives it all over the country, hauling all sorts of objects & passengers. The car isn't garaged & is driven many thousands of miles per year in all sorts of weather. Last time I saw Bill's car, his replacement DMC Texas seatcovers still looked like new. I'm pretty impressed by the quality of them- they're definitely put together better than the originals we pulled off Bill's car.

My VIN:    02378 & 15500 - Previous owner of 4363, 5319, 5692, 10246, 01924, 04389, 03133, 11408, 10989

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by beernpizzalover View Post
    I like the ones pictured under the 'New build two-tone interior':
    http://delorean.com/sales/
    They're pretty sharp-looking; and I was wondering how well they held-up, too...
    Here's a good picture of the Two-Tone seats.
    Attached Images
    Kirk

Comparison of all the seat covers on the market today

Quote Originally Posted by SBL View Post
    Has anyone done a comparison between the grey + black 2 tone seat covers from DMC and Hervey. Both sites are a little confusing as to what is offered, and, I would be interested in the fit and quality of the material between the two.
    I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of the new replacement seat covers on the market today? I am wondering about Lseat.com, Hervey, and DMC. I would like to hear your feedback on your experience with this subject both good and bad. Thanks much.

My VIN:    Midproduction

I've had original, DMCH and Lee Pattison's OE seat covers. Lee's OE seat covers to me are the best quality and identical in source material and wrinkles as factory covers. DMCH covers are also great in terms of quality, but the wrinkles are a bit off in my opinion. They still look better than other cheaper options out there. Installation is also key factor in your results.

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by clenet View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with any of the new replacement seat covers on the market today? I am wondering about Lseat.com, Hervey, and DMC. I would like to hear your feedback on your experience with this subject both good and bad. Thanks much.
    I have DMCH seat covers. Love them. I paid the extra little bit for the original wrinkle design because originality is important to me, and I figure that extra material will be beneficial to allow the leather to give when sat in, and as the seat covers age. I find the wrinkles pretty spot on, but I know everyone will have their own opinion. I found pictures of the passenger seat over time, one year apart and they have held up great so far. I hope they help you as you make your choice:

Just installed on the seat:

In the car:

Note: under the bright fluorescent lights in my garage, the color looks charcoal gray, but in other, more natural light they look normal, as in this picture and the first one:
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    I've had original, DMCH and Lee Pattison's OE seat covers. Lee's OE seat covers to me are the best quality and identical in source material and wrinkles as factory covers. DMCH covers are also great in terms of quality, but the wrinkles are a bit off in my opinion. They still look better than other cheaper options out there. Installation is also key factor in your results.
    I never heard of Lseat.com until this thread. How were they able to get the original factory leather? Or is it newly produced leather by the same vendor (bridge of weir leather)? Their prices seem really reasonable.

My original seat covers are just about ready for replacement, and I'm weighing my options as well. I have a set of OEM leathers, but am thinking about saving them for a while longer, since I know they are no longer readily available.

My VIN:    10270

Lseat are new leather, not original. I think they look good for the price but I haven't installed them yet. I did see at least one car at DCS and thought they they looked fine. The stitching isn't perfect but neither are the stock seats covers. The Lseat covers do come with new leather for the backer boards which is nice.
    Attached Images
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    Midproduction

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDMC12 View Post
    I never heard of Lseat.com until this thread. How were they able to get the original factory leather? Or is it newly produced leather by the same vendor (bridge of weir leather)? Their prices seem really reasonable.

My original seat covers are just about ready for replacement, and I'm weighing my options as well. I have a set of OEM leathers, but am thinking about saving them for a while longer, since I know they are no longer readily available.
    Lee Pattison isn’t involved with lseat. He’s an upholsterer in the UK that got a roll of original factory leather bought off in auction after the original company went bankrupt. Judging from the leather condition you can tell they did a good job with storage.

My VIN:    10718

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    Lee Pattison isn’t involved with lseat. He’s an upholsterer in the UK that got a roll of original factory leather bought off in auction after the original company went bankrupt. Judging from the leather condition you can tell they did a good job with storage.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast