FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Trip to the birthplace of my DeLorean!

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Trip to the birthplace of my DeLorean!

Just found out that I am going to Dublin (130km from Belfast) in August for a week....I want to go see the site of the DeLorean factory for sure! Anybody have any other travel tips on what to see and do? Maybe I could get a personally signed copy of Nick's book while I'm there

Thanks
    John

My VIN:    6313

DeLorean Factory and Test Track

I'm in N.Ireland at the moment on vacation and would like to go see the site, especially the test track. You can see it on Google earth at the North East end of the Dunmurry Industrial Estate. I'll be over by Belfast early next week.

Anyone have a contact at the site?

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

I would suggest contacting Robert Lamrock (Roberto on this site)

http://dmctalk.org/member.php?428-Roberto

He is in contact with the folks at Montupet, the current occupiers, but I wouldn't hold my breath about getting onto the track. They are great about giving access during Eurofest, but obviously they have a day-to-day business to run.

You may want to hit up the owners at www.delorean.ie in case there is some sort of get-to-gether going on while you are there.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

What a great opportunity. I think it would be cool to see the factory complex even if you don't have access to the test track. I'm sure something has got to be visible from a public road. I'd so do this if I had the opportunity.
    "your delusions are yours and not mine!"

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Not sure how much you can see from the street. Much of it is bounded by a railway embankment.

John & Jeff - some suggestions:

Bushmills Distillery in the North of the province at Bushmills, obviously
    Titanic Quarter in Belfast to see where the ship was built
    Ulster Folk & Transport museum in Cultra, to the east of Belfast, to see the DeLorean 50000 mile test car
    Take a drive up the scenic North coast road

I'll think up a couple more.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    04610

You should also contact Joseph (or Joe) Murray ; he used to work for DeLorean and he can tell for hours and hours about Deloreans. He lives in Dunmurry and his son has a garage just near the old factory and testtrack ...

If you contact Robert Lamrock, also ask to get in contact with Joe, you'll be surprised how many DeLoreanstories he has to tell ...

My VIN:    3462

Club(s):   (DOI)

Thanks for all the tips....I'm really looking forward to the trip!

John

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Just found out that I am going to Dublin (130km from Belfast) in August for a week....I want to go see the site of the DeLorean factory for sure! Anybody have any other travel tips on what to see and do? Maybe I could get a personally signed copy of Nick's book while I'm there

Thanks
    John
    So, you're going to canada? Thats where everyone tells me they were built
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    1494

Club(s):   (DMA)

I'd post on the Euro/Ireland boards. When I went there a few years ago Robert arranged a tour of the track (the facility was closed for the ONE day a year they do fire testing), and a bunch of local owners came out. It was a great time with a great bunch of people. Just post that you are going to be there and see if anyone is around to meet up.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steve Cosgrove, Vin. 1494
    "I'm Kicking Through The Walls In My Mind..." - Goo Goo Dolls
    On-going Engine and Car Modifications: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?50...Engine-Upgrade

My VIN:    2969

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post

Thanks
    John
    These are photos of what to expect if you get to visit the factory site. I was able to get into the Montupet car park at the time but the gates might be closed now.
    http://classic.kodakgallery.com/mcca...ain/belfast_08

If you plan to visit the Titanic exhibition I advise you to book in advance.