FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Fuel Tank Closing Plate

My VIN:    6125

Stainless Fuel Tank Closing Plate

Looking for a SS fuel tank closing plate with oem look...aka has drain channels and features similar to the original. Not interested in completely flat plates or the aluminum ones Hervey sells.

PJ Grady was making these for a while but they are no longer in production. He's searching to see if he can dig up an extra one ... If other people are interested it may be possible to do another run of these if there is a great enough interest.

Otherwise Josh at DPI said that he has these in the works but no official timeline on when they may be available.

Anyone else have one laying around that they may want to sell? It can be used as long as it has no dents. Dirty and scratched is OK since I'll be brushing it with 80 grit to match the look of the rest of the car.

Any help on this?

I REALLY want a SS fuel tank plate. My OCD won't allow me to bolt the old rusy one back on there. I could repaint it but I'd much rather go stainless.

Any help on tracking one down is appreciated.

Thanks

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

We are still waiting on the final product. The center stamped section is the issue. We were able to produce the side channel bends no problem. One of many irons in the fire....
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Thanks for the update Josh! Sounds like you guys have a lot of other projects in the works too.

Control arm nightmare and the most expensive all out turbo system that money can buy that no one in their right mind will buy. Or something like that.

Interesting that you mention the control arms, I may end up wanting to buy a set of those as well. They don't exactly seem like the easiest part to reverse engineer... Creating a fixure so welding everything consistantly from part to part seems like it would be a challenge.
    Last edited by Mark D; 06-19-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjdehlin View Post
    Interesting that you mention the control arms, I may end up wanting to buy a set of those as well. They don't exactly seem like the easiest part to reverse engineer... Creating a fixure so welding everything consistantly from part to part seems like it would be a challenge.
    Ours will look nothing like the stock components and rely on a thicker material with bends to produce the required strength. ball joint fitment is the current issue.

Still looking for a stainless fuel tank closing plate. Any updates on availablity of new ones or does anyone have a used one to sell?

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

I don't know if it's still available?
    http://www.deloreanmotorcenter.com/101716s.html
    On the other hand, another option is a French guy whom makes them, but shipping to the USA must be pretty expensive I guess:
    http://deloreanlettrage.blogspot.fr/
    Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Thanks for your help Domi!

I just called DMC Garden Grove and they are completely out of the stainless tank closing plates. Called Houston also at the recommendation of Danny Botkin and James told me that they also do not have any in stock, and if they did they would be of the flat design.

At some point in history Grady was making them with all the correct stamped features. I'd love to get my hands on one of those or try to convince his fabricator to make a small run of new ones.

There are a few pictures on this website of a guy that bought one and installed it on his car back in 2006.

http://johnspangler.com/DMC/closingplate.htm.

DPI Josh, you mentioned you were working on this also...are they still a long way out or would there be a chance of getting one in the next few months? If not I'm just going to fix up the old one with some POR-15

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast