Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Pump replacement

Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

My VIN:    06683

Club(s):   (TXDMC)

Martin,

Thanks a lot, that answers just about any question I could have!

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

If you do cut the connectors off the feed and return lines to install new ones, you should label them first. Label both, labels sometimes fall off

03238 was apparently parked for a dozen years as a non runner because these two hoses got swapped when a fuel pump was installed. After a dozen years though she was a non runner for sure.

My VIN:    06513

Club(s):   (DCN)

Quote Originally Posted by TTait View Post
    If you do cut the connectors off the feed and return lines to install new ones, you should label them first. Label both, labels sometimes fall off

03238 was apparently parked for a dozen years as a non runner because these two hoses got swapped when a fuel pump was installed. After a dozen years though she was a non runner for sure.
    Upper is feed, lower is return.
    No need to label.
    Welmoed
    Black D 1981-11 sold
    Toyota Prius III 2009-07 (sold)
    Mazda MX-30 (BEV) 2020-09

DeLorean Owner, Missouri jmrydholm's Avatar

My VIN:    10715

Thank you guys, for the screw reference too! I found a few I didn't lose, but I might have accidentally sucked up a few when vacuuming the luggage compartment with my girl's Rainbow vac. (Man, I love that thing. It's like my own personal DeLorean shop vac!)

-John

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
    Martin,

Thanks a lot, that answers just about any question I could have!
    You're welcome... I posted that from my iPad in a visitor centre in the Scottish Highlands who happened to have open WiFi! Now back home on a proper computer!
    Martin Gutkowski
    -------------
    Very part time DeLoreaner...

My VIN:    2964

I've been hearing good things about John Hervey's fuel pump. I guess I'll go with his!! About the can, I remember someone on the old forum mentioning McMaster Carr, they sell good SS can like item. Any idea?

Thanks!!
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

My VIN:    2964

As far as the "can" from McMaster-Carr, anyone know which part number it was, or anyone has used it?? And does the tuna can actually work, and you guys recommend it??

Thank you!!
    Billy C. VIN: 2964

"Trying to Live the Dream!"

"If you're gonna own a DeLorean, why not build it with some style?"

http://www.facebook.com/billy.chingas.7

My VIN:    06683

Club(s):   (TXDMC)

I've just completed the Fuel Pump (and filter) replacement. Thanks to everyone, and especially Martin (for the Video, wouldn't have touched the baffle without that info) it was a relatively straight forward 2 1/2 hours. one lingering question; how tight should the banko bolt be for the fuel line? I ask as I initially had a leak from the banjo bolt onto the pump (!) and a hard twist, I got the banjo bolt to stop leaking (at least, As far as I could tell).

Just so I'm clear there should be a washer on both sides between the "banjo" itself and the bolt and the pump? there was one on the old fuel pump, so I'm assuming so. It's just that the leak concerns me and I don't want it to develop again as I'm cruising down the road.

Thanks,

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Quote Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
    I've just completed the Fuel Pump (and filter) replacement. Thanks to everyone, and especially Martin (for the Video, wouldn't have touched the baffle without that info) it was a relatively straight forward 2 1/2 hours. one lingering question; how tight should the banko bolt be for the fuel line? I ask as I initially had a leak from the banjo bolt onto the pump (!) and a hard twist, I got the banjo bolt to stop leaking (at least, As far as I could tell).

Just so I'm clear there should be a washer on both sides between the "banjo" itself and the bolt and the pump? there was one on the old fuel pump, so I'm assuming so. It's just that the leak concerns me and I don't want it to develop again as I'm cruising down the road.

Thanks,
    Yes, a washer on both sides. Check the fuel section of the shop manual for the proper torque.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast