FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Looky at what I picked up today.

My VIN:    747, Rally D, formally 10309, Marty Mcfly 85 Toyota, 2004 Mach 1

Looky at what I picked up today.

So I would never do a BTTF replica on my D but this on the other hand will be getting the replica treatment.
    I spent all day stripping the paint getting it ready for the body work. Recently rebuilt motor runs like a champ. It's the right year (85) 4x4. now just locating the tube bumpers and roll bar.
    Attached Images

So looking at pics of Marty's truck when the truck is up on the trailer when he first sees it, it has a single tube roll bar. In part 3 it has a double tube roll bar. Hmmm I guess whatever I can find.

My VIN:    6125

Yeah they used two completely different trucks when filming Part 1 vs Part 3. If it were me I'd try and make it match the "hero" shot of the truck on the trailer when marty first sees it. Kinda like how most people try to replicate the time machine as it is first seen rolling out of Doc's van into the parking lot.

Nice looking truck though, looks like minimal rust. And as seen on top gear they are nearly indestructible!

My VIN:    3937

Cool dude! And it looks like the little princess already approves of Daddy's next project. She'll have to trade in the matching blue outfit for a black one when you get the paint done. Good luck on the progress!

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2808 6921

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

Nice , I've got an 86 I've slowly been converting over to Marty's truck. Finding grey interior pieces is a pain though. Good luck on your new adventure!

located the front bumper today. Thought I was going to have it custom made. Smittybilt dosent make them anymore. Some guy here in town is parting out his truck. Truck will be going in for paint next week.

My VIN:    6585

I've always wanted a custom die-cut dealer sticker for the back of my car that said:

Statler Toyota - De Lorean
    Hill Valley, Ca.

Don't think there was ever a logo for the fictitious dealership, but it would be funny to have that on the back to have a small BTTF nod. And to confuse people into thinking that there really is a Hill Valley...

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    I've always wanted a custom die-cut dealer sticker for the back of my car that said:

Statler Toyota - De Lorean
    Hill Valley, Ca.

Don't think there was ever a logo for the fictitious dealership, but it would be funny to have that on the back to have a small BTTF nod. And to confuse people into thinking that there really is a Hill Valley...
    I'm going to get a couple of "Statler Toyota Hill Valley license plate frames made

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Can't wait to see how this goes... post some more pics of the resto in progress!
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

The truck will be going in for paint on thursday. I got the tube bumpers and will be picking up the light/roll bar later today. Kc lights should be here by the end of the week. The rims were a pain to find but a guy over at yotatech.com sent me a link to where he got his. (he has a 86 marty 4x4. Looks good but has ifs) After that all I have to do is make the int. grey.(seats,dash,carpet,panels) then the truck will be done.
    I will post some pics soon.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast