FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does any one know where DCS 2013 is going to be????

My VIN:    007008

I didnt go to Orlando because the last place I wanted to be was DisneyWorld in June.

My VIN:    Former owner of 1098

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by 007008 View Post
    I didnt go to Orlando because the last place I wanted to be was DisneyWorld in June.
    Why? It wasn't all that bad. A little hot, but the rain stayed away for the most part.

Besides, there is a lot more to do in Orlando than just Disney.
    Brandon S.

2014 Honda Civic EX
    2007 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Why? It wasn't all that bad. A little hot, but the rain stayed away for the most part.
    Further on the heat, Orlando was not the hottest place during my trip. I really didn't think temps were all that bad at all. And I'm from Minnesota! The hottest temps on my whole trip was in CENTRAL IOWA on the drive home. I wish I would of had more time to spend down there to make the most of my 3000+ mile round trip extended weekend.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    Further on the heat, Orlando was not the hottest place during my trip. I really didn't think temps were all that bad at all. And I'm from Minnesota! The hottest temps on my whole trip was in CENTRAL IOWA on the drive home. I wish I would of had more time to spend down there to make the most of my 3000+ mile round trip extended weekend.
    After the Summer we have had this year in the Midwest, the Orlando heat in June was not bad at all. I remember going to Disney in July and August
    as a youngster and that was pretty brutal (my brother and I were counting the First Aid wheelchairs that went by, to pick up passed out patrons).

I also wish I had more time to spend down there, taking my four nephews to a few more theme parks, especially after the 3000+ mile transports with
    the D Rex and the D Limo (two days on the road, each way, to do the transports). An extra day or two down there would have been great.

I think the current count as of today will be 44 days of 90 degrees or higher for this Summer in the Chicagoland area, which is Second on the list for
    All-Time Hottest Summer on Record. We also dodged some severe weather just before and just after DCS 2012, so I think the weather was a winner.

Later,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    01495

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

I personally am very excited about the 2014 show being in Dayton, OH. I work in Dayton, and drive past the Marriott nearly every day. As mentioned before, Dayton was most likely picked due to location as opposed to wether or not it fit any "vacation destination" model. I have a feeling we'll have more Deloreans at this event than possibly any other, there are alot of DMC's in Ohio and surrounding.

Besides the Air Force Museum, there is also the Packard Museum:
    www.americaspackardmuseum.org

Also, for any of you bargin hunters, there are 2 large flea markets about 15 minutes away:
    Trader World
    Treasure Isle

...of course they're only open Sat/Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    No 2013 DCS. The whole every year idea died when the Vegas show had poor attendance. DCS 2014 is in Dayton, OH.
    I know you're talking about no DCS in the odd years. But I just wanted to point out that DMC (Texas) used to put on an open house on years that there was no DCS. I'm not sure why they stopped, except that it is probably LOTS of work. Nevertheless, when they do it, it's no small potatos. Last couple of times, it's been a three day event, with all sorts technical stuff and presentations, the museum, lots of displays & demonstrations, dinners, awards, keynote speakers, and an action packed track event. Always a full agenda and very well managed.

All in all, a most excellent way to spend your DeLorean time on off years from DCS.

Thomas

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Am I the only one who thinks that the next DCS(aka BTTF show) should be in 2015 instead of 2014?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6960 View Post
    +1. the weather in Omaha was so much worse than in Orlando. it was a welcome break. getting home after DCS and stepping off the plane was like a smack in the face. ugh.
    Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2