FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: DMC Mirror Switch

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Mine is going up on eBay if you manage to get $200 for it. I need money to get a new radio for the mustang.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    I'm not sure why the link doesn't work, I just looked it up on ebay...try this link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-1982-19...d47ea2&vxp=mtr
    Could be because you pasted the link and then shortened it?
    You can change the text after you type/paste it in and manually add a link to it. But not when pasting a link to begin with because it changes the link's path.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    All they sold you was a SAAB mirror switch. They can be found on eBay for about $20.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAAB-9-3-9-5...6c2480&vxp=mtr
    I retract my comments about the DMCH mirror switch being a little pricey. It is actually somewhat of a bargain. If I jump on the band wagon and sell my original switch, I will obviously need to replace it. The bad news is I would no longer have a wiring harness. I would also need a blank plate which sells for $56 (I think) and a used SAAB switch which would cost about $20. I would still need to make some sort of wiring harness as well. Not including the wiring harness my cost would be about $76. The DMCH SAAB switch sells for $69 and is ready for installation with ZERO modification.

I don't praise DMCH for everything they do but this is a bargain. When they do good I speak out about it.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Nobody uses modems anymore
    But we're a bit off-topic here. Heh.
    Au Contraire.
    I connect up to the Internet, (at home) using an Honest-to-Goodness telephone modem...
    There are still places in this country that the only option for High Speed Internet is Satellite, (at a High cost for Limited usage).

I use my Trusty Zoom USB modem at home.
    (Everywhere else, I use my iPhone or laptop, and free Wi-Fi).

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    2256

Has anyone noticed the price spike of the blanking caps over the last 6 months? From $2.78 to $71.55 is a pretty big jump. It is now cheaper to by the reproduction mirror switch than it is to buy a blanking cap and a Saab mirror switch. When did these reproductions start coming out?

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jmlaux View Post
    has anyone noticed the price spike of the blanking caps over the last 6 months? From $2.78 to $71.55 is a pretty big jump.
    wow!!!
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    wow!!!
    Hilarious. I totally have one of these ordered for my carbon canister. Looking like duct tape will be the replacement down the road.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by JMLaux View Post
    Has anyone noticed the price spike of the blanking caps over the last 6 months? From $2.78 to $71.55 is a pretty big jump. It is now cheaper to by the reproduction mirror switch than it is to buy a blanking cap and a Saab mirror switch. When did these reproductions start coming out?
    See Post #73 ($56), where did you get the $2.78 figure from?

Quote Originally Posted by DeloreanJoshQ View Post
    See Post #73 ($56), where did you get the $2.78 figure from?
    From my "unimportant stuff but cheap enough to replace" spreadsheet which I updated earlier this year. The price seems to have been pretty consistant over the last 11 years as well according to web.archive.org. Now granted, the people that bought up these to retrofit the Saab switch drove up the price, but even at $56 that makes the markup of this one part around 1,914% I am very thankful that DMCH has helped to the dream alive, but this just makes me go hmmmmm.
    Last edited by JMLaux; 12-23-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Hilarious. I totally have one of these ordered for my carbon canister. Looking like duct tape will be the replacement down the road.
    I was actually talking about PN: 106249 The passenger door blanking cap for power mirrors. For the rubber cap on the carbon canister I used a vinyl bolt cover cap from home depot similar to these:

Hex-Caps-group1.jpg

Seals great and I don't have to worry about rubber cracking and falling off in the pontoon and causing a vacuum leak.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8