FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: So I'm planning to go Carbureted

He was using that FOOL Carb-I mind trick!!!

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    That picture wasn't even planned. We were chit chatting and Julie (I think) came up to us asking to take a picture. As far a I know, none of us discussed carburetors with Chad that weekend.
    Actually, it was Dave S who said he had to get a picture. And, no, carburetors weren't discussed there. An issue on the way home inspired it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Provide me with a bottle of Diet Cheerwine and I might just drive up there and do the install free of charge. I plan to start canoeing the Mississippi River again and Wisconsin happens to be on my way to Minnesota.
    First I have to get some wiring issues sorted out at DMCMW and get a manifold. Otherwise, I'll do better than some Cheerwine. There's a few great steakhouses around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    It was subliminal.
    No, I repair '70s cars for a living, so it makes more sense to convert the car to my area of familiarity.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Wait a second....what happened to 1265, your auto conversion car?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

DeLorean Driver

My VIN:    2638

It is mysterious why anyone would want to replace an antiquated fuel injection system with an even older technology. Update, don't backdate. Megasquirt, or just use the renix or Chrysler EFI from an Eagle premier. My K-jet system works fine, and I don't anticipate anything "serious" going wrong with it that I could not easily fix. If I were going to do an an upgrade to my DeLorean, it would actually be an upgrade, not a downgrade (carb).
    Still rocking the Ducellier

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    And, no, carburetors weren't discussed there. An issue on the way home inspired it.
    I don't normally get into this discussion, but If I recall correctlyt I have read quite a few discussions on this board about fuel pump issues with carb cars, and people replacing them relatively often. Keep in mind replacing the entire fuel system does not eliminate the fuel pump.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Wait a second....what happened to 1265, your auto conversion car?
    Can't wait to hear this nightmare explained.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    I don't normally get into this discussion, but If I recall correctlyt I have read quite a few discussions on this board about fuel pump issues with carb cars, and people replacing them relatively often. Keep in mind replacing the entire fuel system does not eliminate the fuel pump.
    It's been about 3 years, but in an issue of Hot Rod, someone mailed in a question about carbing a Fox body Mustang (80's-early 90's 5.0) on the cheap. In the reply, they mentioned keeping the high volume EFI fuel pump and using a fuel pressure regulator to keep the 8-9lbs of pressure (or whatever is needed) and using the stock return line for the bypassed fuel. Since I can't remember the issue it was in, the brand they suggested slips my mind, but I remember it was something you had to call the manufacturer and order since most regulators are made to regulate high pressures or low but not in the way the one they used was. Seems like using a regulator like that would be the best way.
    2004 Acura RSX Type S - Daily Driver
    1964 Chevrolet Impala SS - No, not a lowrider

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    My fuel pump issue seemed to have been ground related. I rewired my ground connection to the fuel pump and have logged at least 10,000 miles with zero fuel pump issues since then.

Nothing witty here lest it offend

It's so easy to fall in love

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    It is mysterious why anyone would want to replace an antiquated fuel injection system with an even older technology. Update, don't backdate. Megasquirt, or just use the renix or Chrysler EFI from an Eagle premier.
    Because it's easy, that's why.

My K-jet system works fine, and I don't anticipate anything "serious" going wrong with it that I could not easily fix.
    Good for you? When it suddenly doesn't work fine anymore, let me know how easy the fix is. But then I guess that would be termed "serious." There was something "seriously" wrong with mine.

If I were going to do an an upgrade to my DeLorean, it would actually be an upgrade, not a downgrade (carb).
    There's no bigger downgrade than a rotting Delorean. Lots of them out there, aren't there. They could all be easily upgraded with EFI! Get crackin.' It's easy.

By the way, how many PRV Eazy-E EFI'd Deloreans are out there (since say, 2009)? Don't include the ones that keep having problems.

Not a DeLorean Guru

My VIN:    01049

Forum: Carb

The purpose of this subforum is to provide technical references for the conversion of the DeLoreans to carburation and for documenting individual project progress. It is not for debating one form of fuel delivery over any other and the thread author reserves the right to audit/edit or have removed, any posts at his discretion. These guidelines are clearly presented in advance and if you do not wish to abide by them, please feel free to refrain from contributing to this subforum.
    -Mike

My engine twists my frame.

1981 DeLorean, Carb LS4 swap completed
    1999 Corvette, cam/headers/intake manifold, 400 rwhp
    2005 Elise, stock
    2016 Chevy Cruze

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast