FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Woodward Dream Cruise 2012 - August 18, 2012

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Woodward Dream Cruise 2012 - August 18, 2012

Woodward Dream Cruise 2012 - Saturday, August 18, 2012

The world's largest car show and car cruise will have another outstanding display of DeLorean automobiles
    for our second year at the Bloomfield Hills Mercedes Benz dealership. There is no better place to display
    our DeLoreans, to huge crowds of people who have such a great admiration of John Z. DeLorean and who
    enjoy seeing our DeLoreans, both on display, and cruising up and down Woodward Ave. This is a multi-club
    DMC event, with cars from all over the Midwest and Canada. With over 50,000 vehicles participating, on
    and next to Woodward Ave, and potentially a million spectators, this cruise is THE event for all gear-heads.

This year, there will be an appearance by the D Rex and/or the DeLorean Limo, so if you missed them at DCS
    this year, you may want to make the trip to Woodward. We anticipate plenty of TV and radio coverage.

Contact any of the participating DeLorean clubs for a registration form or just contact Rich Weissensel.
    Check out the official Woodward Cruise website for more info: http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

(Note: there is a special DeLorean PDF Registration Form that I can email to those interested in attending)

For more details about any DeLorean Midwest Connection club events, check out the DMC Club website
    at: http://www.deloreanmidwest.com or Contact Rich Weissensel: [email protected]
    Last edited by Rich W; 06-21-2012 at 04:14 PM. Reason: added PDF note

My VIN:    6635

A shame - have other plans in place that weekend so will not be able to make it.

Having attended last year's event at the MB dealer, I agree with Rich that it's a great place to take Woodward in. This year's custom additions will truly take the event to new levels!

Will D-Limo cruise Woodward on its own power?

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Unless significant amounts of money starts falling from the sky (or extra weeks of paid vacation time),
    there is little chance of the D Limo cruising Woodward, under its own power, in less than two months.

The goal of getting the DeLorean Limo at least 88% exterior complete by DCS 2012 was a huge task
    and after being able to accomplish it on the day I was leaving for DCS, I am still a little wiped out.

The last two weeks (including DCS and driving to and from DCS) have been filled with days with less
    than 5 hours of sleep, so it may take me another week just to get back to something close to normal.

I also have some tentative TV work to do next week with the D Limo, so there will be very little spare
    time to get additional work done, between now and mid-August, on the D Limo or the D Rex, for WDC.

Later,
    Rich W.
    Last edited by Rich W; 06-21-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: fixed type-o

FLUXING
    What are the recommended hotels/cities to stay in for the cruise? Some neighborhoods/towns near the cruise are NOT where you'd want to leave your car overnight...

The DeLorean Motor City club either has current local info
    or you can check their previous year's event info, since
    we usually use the same hotels each year.

IIRC, most of the hotels are in or near Troy, MI.

Later,
    Rich W.

Quote Originally Posted by FLUXING View Post
    What are the recommended hotels/cities to stay in for the cruise? Some neighborhoods/towns near the cruise are NOT where you'd want to leave your car overnight...
    Note: A few hotel details listed in the following post.
    Last edited by Rich W; 06-22-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: added note

Hotels for the Woordward Cruise

Below are a few notes from the past few years, regarding the hotels
    DMC club members used for the Woodward Dream Cruise events:

Dave Swingle used this one last year:
    Courtyard Detroit - Pontiac/Bloomfield.

Previous years, we used this one:

Hilton Detroit-Troy located at:
    5500 Crooks Rd, Troy, MI 48098

There is also a Ramada nearby. (may have used in 2006 or 2007)

Looks like Radisson (below) is the closest to the Mercedes dealership:

http://www.radisson.com/bloomfield-h...48304/mibloomf

Later,
    Rich W.
    Last edited by Rich W; 06-22-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: tried to fix type-o in the heading ... no luck

Reminder and Update

FYI - only two weeks left until the Woodward Dream Cruise Weekend!!

There appears to be much more media coverage planned for this year, especially social media, including many more blogger reports
    throughout the day (like Jalopnik did the past few years) and of course, plenty of Twitter and FaceBook activity is expected as well.

For those who are thinking about attending (especially from out of town) and have not booked a local room yet, there are some rooms
    still available at one of the hotels I mentioned earlier, but note that the name of the hotel has changed, in case you need a room.

Met Troy Hotel (formerly Troy Hilton)
    5500 Crooks Rd, Troy, MI 48098

I hope many of you are able to attend this event.

Later,
    Rich W.

Only one week left until the Woodward Dream Cruise 2012. Much more Social Media coverage planned this year!!

Parking spaces at the Bloomfield Hills Mercedes Benz Dealership have been sold out for over two months now,
    but if you would like to join us with your DeLorean, we can "rotate" some of our DeLoreans from the front row.

Please RSVP to Byron C. or Rich W. (me) if you plan to attend, so we can move or rotate cars accordingly.

For all the local (greater Detroit area) DeLoreans, feel free to stop by and cruise Woodward with us, even if it
    is "not your thing" to park along Woodward, since this is a Car Show and Cruise, all in one.

If you cannot attend, make sure to check out all the Video, Photos, Atricles and Blogs.

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

Thanks,
    Rich W.

Lots of photos taken at Woodward this year, but very little time to post over the weekend, so time to catch up this week, a few at a time.

Note: Check the DeLorean Midwest Connection FaceBook and Twitter accounts to see a few of the photos posted by others over the weekend.

Woodward Friday:

10607_on_Woodward_Friday.jpg

D-Rex_on_Friday.jpg

More photos to follow.

Later,
    Rich W.

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

Looks like fun Rich. Mean looking trailer, I like that front metal section.

T.
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast