FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: new windshield washer nozzles?

new windshield washer nozzles?

I just installed a new washer pump and squirter nozzle on the wiper arm (from dmch) it all works great but the washer sprays so high it hits the roof more then the windshield...almost like 3 streams in a fan pattern.I know the nozzle is installed correctly as it can only go on top of the arm one way and it clamps very nicely around the arm.anyone run into this?.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

The nozzle is essentially a ball socket allowing for adjustment in 360 degrees.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

ok cool thanks for the info...i will try turning it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    The nozzle is essentially a ball socket allowing for adjustment in 360 degrees.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Use a small pair of pliers.

I've not been able to get mine adjusted perfectly but it's close enough to function.
    - Chris

what

Formally hmm252000

My VIN:    4099

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I had to rotate my nozzle 180 degrees for it to aim properly. Otherwise it won't be able to point towards the windshield enough for the water to actually hit it.

My VIN:    6679

I installed a new jet/nozzle a couple months ago and tonight tried some adjustments and target practice - so far I've managed to spray my garage ceiling and one of our other cars. Will resume tomorrow trying to hit my own windscreen
    Chris

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

I've thought about splicing the hose with a 'T' connector and putting a second nozzle on the other wiper arm. Anyone ever tried this?
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    06960

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    I've thought about splicing the hose with a 'T' connector and putting a second nozzle on the other wiper arm. Anyone ever tried this?
    That would result in a lot of spray shooting off the side of the car at full extension. Either that or you'd have to aim it so close to the windshield you'd only get a small jet in the middle of the blade. I think some people have done this though, so their experience may differ from my reasoning.

What I have been seriously considering for a while is making both arms for the wipers "wet" arms. With 3 or so individual small jets on each, directly spraying on the windshield behind the blade (in the direction of upwards travel).

Farrar added jets in the cowl under the windshield. I've looked into doing that too but the arms/blades would block and scatter a lot of the spray from the angle. Too bad he isn't here anymore to post a video of it in action.
    Jim Reeve
    DMC6960

D-Status: - Getting some Spring exercise

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Yes that crossed my mind but I don't hold the spray function down constantly. I do little spurts. Helps save a lot of fluid too.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    I installed a new jet/nozzle a couple months ago and tonight tried some adjustments and target practice - so far I've managed to spray my garage ceiling and one of our other cars. Will resume tomorrow trying to hit my own windscreen
    Got it sorted last night, but boy that stream is next to useless needs to be a dispersed spray... Will have to look at replacing it (again) with something else in the, well, future...
    Chris