FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Upgrading front suspension

Upgrading front suspension

To anyone who's contemplating upgrading with the DMCEU LCA brackets and polyurethane sway bar bushings (frame and bar end), I say DO IT! I just finished mine and the difference was so noticeable. The front feels very tight now but not to harsh. This is the way it should have been!

My VIN:    6125

I can't wait to get my car back together and feel the difference for myself. I'm going from a completely stock set up to full poly on the front, the lower control arm supports and the shock tower brace from DMCMW. It's going to be like a completely different car.

Just out of curiosity, how was the paint quality on your lower control arm supports? I was a little surprised to see paint chipping on mine and a little rust spot already forming where paint had flaked off. I'm sending the rest of my suspension parts out for powder coating so I decided to strip the supports down so they could get powder coated too. Below the paint in the welded areas there was some weld slag too that the paint easily flaked off of. I sand blasted everything down and ground off any slag so the powder coat would stick better.

I'm probably just being too picky, but I figure I only want to have to do all this once and I'd rather do it right the first time then have to repaint stuff again later. Anyone else have theirs installed for a while and is noticing paint coming off?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mjdehlin View Post
    I'm sending the rest of my suspension parts out for powder coating so I decided to strip the supports down so they could get powder coated too. .
    ?
    Probably not a bad idea. I can't say I'm impressed with the coating on the supports. It is how they come in to us.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

There're couple spots on mine that were chipped off too. I stripped them and PORd them.