FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes you've just gotta hit the road!

My VIN:    4095 Still going w 200k plus miles. 4815 Back on the road again.

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Cool Sometimes you've just gotta hit the road!

I had a few people ask me to post a notice here. I am hitting the road on a tour around the USA in my Mom's
    DeLorean. The trip started today and I am already looking for your support. I had the battery poop out on me yesterday and after a jump it was fine and charging. This morning when I left I noticed the voltage was at 10.5. I turned the key off and on and it was back at 13 volts. The alternator is a new one from Hervey I bought last year. To me it feels like a relay and looking at the diagram it would be the main one maybe. Any suggestions? If you want to follow the road trip, I am blogging it at HaveDeLoreanWillTravel.com. I am presently headed out to West Texas to Ft Davis and McDonald Observatory, after that I am off to New Mexico and maybe Colorado depending on the fires up there. I hope you enjoy it.

Ian

My VIN:    03572

Did your alternator light come on when you saw 10 volts. If not, you have and intermittent connection or bulb in that warning circuit. I think you can change the bulb without pulling things apart. But check the connection (wire in the plug) at the alternator.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Man, the plot gets thicker with your car everyday! Did Phillipe get you squared on the LC-1? This could be an expensive road trip! Then again, plan it right and maybe you can leap frog from Delorean owner's house to Delorean owner's house and string together 2 months worth of tech sessions and get all the bugs out!
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Did your alternator light come on when you saw 10 volts. If not, you have and intermittent connection or bulb in that warning circuit. I think you can change the bulb without pulling things apart. But check the connection (wire in the plug) at the alternator.
    No the light did not come on. I will check the connection at the alternator. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    That was it. The light gave up on me. Fixed it and I'm back in business.

My VIN:    16113

His blog can be found at www.havedeloreanwilltravel.com

My VIN:    16113

I spoke to Ian yesterday. He was close to Yuma. Today he plans to be in San Diego.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Does he plan to visit the upper Midwest On the Great Circle tour of the US. Would love to meet up with him for Beer N Brat's and share D stories if the Timing is Right.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    [SNIP]

Would love to meet up with him for Beer N Brat's and share D stories if the Timing is Right.
    I think the timing must be right. Otherwise, he would probably have less performance, poor gas mileage, and black carbon out the exhaust, and probably would want to get it fixed before continuing his trip.....

What? You don't mean the DeLorean's timing? Oh! Ooooooooooops, nevermind !

(Sorry, couldn't resist! I was going to make a BTTF joke about TIME-ing, but I figured the mods would ban me for sure this time).

Last edited by Citizen; 07-10-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    Does he plan to visit the upper Midwest On the Great Circle tour of the US. Would love to meet up with him for Beer N Brat's and share D stories if the Timing is Right.
    I do plan to Roos the top of the US so let me know where you are. I should be there mid August sometime.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast