FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes you've just gotta hit the road!

My VIN:    03572

He is in Maine now. Now the plan is to stop by my house next week.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

I need to keep up better. From what I've read, he left Texas, when through NM, then to CA, then to Vancouver BC, then to Europe, then to Maine, all the while driving his DeLorean. Something's not right here.

Wow, I knew the latest models could fly, but geez!

My VIN:    16336 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    I need to keep up better. From what I've read, he left Texas, when through NM, then to CA, then to Vancouver BC, then to Europe, then to Maine, all the while driving his DeLorean. Something's not right here.

Wow, I knew the latest models could fly, but geez!

I wasn't sure how Europe fit in their either... lol
    One of DMCTalk.org's original admins

Mainly lurking, just passing through. Still enjoying reading about everyone's progress.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I wasn't sure how Europe fit in their either... lol
    1 - park at airport
    2 - get on plane
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Ian showed up today. Turns out his LED dome lights have capacitors on them. Ian said they are supper bright units not polarity sensitive. Why they have caps is a question. All you would need to make them work both ways are some diodes. Anyway we got it working by adding two resistors over the front dome light but they do not dim off normally. The dimming looks very quick. So do not use those LEDs with my dome unit.

We also charged his AC. He has a slow leak but it took a little more than one can to charge.

I looked over the wiring of his EFI ecu and could not see any problems. Really need a lot of time using a Oscope to find the noise issue.

His cruse control is also giving problems. I suggested you use shielded wire for the speed pickup coil (the magnet sensor).
    Dave M vin 03572

"Former Delorean owning Guru" Spittybug's Avatar

My VIN:    Formerly 2329

Hopefully Ian was able to use the "EFI gaze of hypnoticizm" to pull you (Dave M.) over to the dark side of EFI!!!!!!!!!!!! With all of the control that we can have over fueling levels and spark timing, it is an electronics gageteer's wonderland! The issue seems to be one of figuring out why our little cars pollute the Megasquirt units in some cases but not others.

I'm running as contented as a clam buried in the warm mud of a nudist beach, but poor Ian and Shannon are having issues with their newer 3.57 boards. Figure out what is giving them their problems and we have a stock-looking, ready to go EFI upgrade for any Delorean owner out there that wants to dump their K-jet or carb.
    Owen
    I.Brew.Beer.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Spittybug View Post
    ... EFI upgrade for any Delorean owner out there that wants to dump their K-jet or carb.
    Fortunately carburetion is as happy as a clam buried in the warm mud of a nudist beach with any/all DeLorean wiring so there's no reason to dump it, no matter how badly PO'd your car may be (all you need is ignition and 12v to the choke heater -- the rest of the electrical system is optional).

Ian is still having alternator issues. I tested that the alternator case was grounded to the engine block, it was OK. His voltage will jump around mostly when the AC kicks on or off. No battery charge light comes on but both the dash gauge and real voltage bounce from normal 14 to 12.5 volts rapidly.
    Dave M vin 03572

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Dave, I was hoping you'd be able to waive the magic wand and solve the EFI mystery. I guess it'll have to be the wizards at Megasquirt in GA. My bet is that there's an issue with the box and not the car.
    Shannon

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Ian is still having alternator issues. I tested that the alternator case was grounded to the engine block, it was OK. His voltage will jump around mostly when the AC kicks on or off. No battery charge light comes on but both the dash gauge and real voltage bounce from normal 14 to 12.5 volts rapidly.
    Clean the bulkhead feed-throughs and the ground below the header bottle.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast