FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Need to Refuel slowly to avoid gas pump kick-back

Quote Originally Posted by Sidaries View Post
    I have the same. If I fill the car and the fuel comes from the front of the car, it is better. I mean the nozzle is looking towards the windscreen.
    Thanks, I'll try this. I've only filled up my car a handle of times so far, and the gas pump usually kicks off a bunch of times before I finally overdo it and have gas coming out and going down the side drain.

Fingers crossed!

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Rokkinlen View Post
    Thanks, I'll try this. I've only filled up my car a handle of times so far, and the gas pump usually kicks off a bunch of times before I finally overdo it and have gas coming out and going down the side drain.

Fingers crossed!
    Also, try to only squeeze the pump trigger halfway. This works for me. It is only a 14 gallon tank, so depending on how much fuel you have left, you can judge when to slow down by looking at how much fuel you dispensed.
    E.g. I usually fill it up when it gets down to 1/3 of a tank. Therefore I know I can only put in 9 gallons or so. I slow down the flow at roughly 8 gallons.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3