FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Door leaking around new weatherstripping

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Repositioned the end pieces down above the DMC logo and sealed them with RTV tonight. Will give it a shot tomorrow and see if it still leaks. I do notice that my door rattles are completely gone now that I have adjusted the doors inward a bit more over the past week. So that's something my car has never had before...silent doors when driving!

My VIN:    1919 & 2207

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post
    Repositioned the end pieces down above the DMC logo and sealed them with RTV tonight. Will give it a shot tomorrow and see if it still leaks. I do notice that my door rattles are completely gone now that I have adjusted the doors inward a bit more over the past week. So that's something my car has never had before...silent doors when driving!
    How did this go for you Patrick? I am having the same issues as you at the moment.
    Paul Black - Vin 1919

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Moved the seam to the bottom, re-adjusted the doors inward more, and the leaks are gone! There is slight tearing already on the new seal, but it isn't leaking so I am happy. My doors also no longer rattle after adjusting them inward more, so I seem to have solved 2 issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2