FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: DMA 2012 Summer Fun Run

I have a Torque Wrench... tyb323's Avatar

My VIN:    2399

Club(s):   (DMA)

DMA 2012 Summer Fun Run

Hello all,
    Just a reminder that signups are open for the 2012 Delorean Mid-Atlantic Summer Fun Run event on Saturday July 28th! This year's event will consist of an amazing driving tour & follow that up with a 2 hour boat cruise on the Hudson River. Afterward, dinner will be in Kingston, NY at Frank Guido's Little Italy served Family-Style. Members may choose to participate in the whole set of events, or select individual events to suit their interests & schedule.

All info can be found on the DMA website. Signup soon & we hope to see you at this years event!
    http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/sfr2012.htm
    Tyler Butler
    Vin 2399 - July 81 Black Interior, Automatic

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Where is everyone meeting up for this? The website is a little vague. I'm trying to clear my schedule now so I can make this one. Hope to see you guys there.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

We're working on the official start location. Will publish as soon as possible,probably by Monday. Thanks for the interest! Hope to see you there!
    Tyler Butler

DeLorean Driver

My VIN:    2638

I could not make it to the last event, but this one I think I can make. As per typical, I'll be bringing 3 people (I know... makes sense in a DeLorean) can we pop a 3 person option on the sign up? Also, I think I may be up for a membership renewal.
    Still rocking the Ducellier

Send an email to Justin at [email protected] if you wish to have more than two people. Thanks!
    Tyler Butler

Signed up this morning, see you all there!!!
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Hello all,

The route for the Summer Fun Run has been refined. DMA Officer Dan Wilson is the primary planner for the SFR route & has now run the route 5 times to refine the directions & ensure it is a nice drive for us. The drive will start in Sloatsburg, NY at 9AM & conclude in Kingston, NY just before 2PM. There will be a few stops along the way for rest stops & picture opportunities.

The anticipated schedule features the following details. A handout will be provided with more detail just before the event to those that sign up. A map can be viewed here.
    9:00 AM - Depart from Jessie's Bagels, Sloatsburg, NY
    11:15 AM - Opportunity for lunch & bathroom break at Woody's All Natural Burgers & Fries in Cornwall, NY
    1:45 PM - Arrive at end point in Kingston, NY
    2:30 PM - Cruise departure time (for those that sign up for this option)
    5:00 PM - Dinner @ Guido's Little Italy (for those that sign up for this option)

The SFR details webpage has been updated & still contains all the information for signup. Hop over to the site to "get your ticket" for this upcoming event: http://www.deloreanmidatlantic.com/events/sfr2012.htm
    Tyler Butler

By the way if anyone going to this has an extra gas cap (in good condition) I'd be interested in it at least for the day. My new one might not be here in time and I have an occasional fuel odor issue we believe is coming from the cap.

Trust me it ain't the boot!!!!!
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Tyler, will you be e-mailing or posting the address for the bagel shop everyone supposed to meet up at? Myself and one other member might be meeting up beforehand and driving up together. Since we will most likely be meeting up in Jersey I posted the address of a Starbucks we can meet up at that is along the way if anyone else would like to drive up with us. The address is in my driving up from long island thread.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

Here is the full itinerary (locations included) for the SFR from Justin DMA Summer Fun Runners,

Attached are the directions for the SFR route (both basic & expanded detail). General timeline & information is below:

START POINT

Arrive starting 8:30AM / driver briefing 8:50AM / depart 9:00AM
    Jessie's Bagels
    203 Orange Turnpike Sloatsburg, NY 10974
    They have a parking lot, a bathroom and cheap bagels if anyone wants a quick bite.

LUNCH/BATHROOM STOP

Arrive 11:15AM / depart 12:00PM
    Woody's All Natural Burger's and Fries http://www.woodysallnatural.com/
    30 Quaker Avenue Cornwall, NY 12518
    This is the mid point of the drive, so we needed a bathroom stop and a place to grab a quick bite so that people will not complain there was a whole day of activity, but they were starving by the time they reached dinner

BRIEF STOP

Arrive 12:50PM / depart by 1:00PM
    Scenic overlook off the side of highway. The plus, it's VERY scenic. The minus, the pull off is short. If we have a big group all may not fit. Alternative is a stop at a Valero (I think) at the next turn up the road just to use the bathrooms if needed.

FINISH POINT: Kingston, NY

Arrive approx 1:45PM
    Parking area for the Kingston waterfront. Some parking is free in sections that are municipal parking lots, and some parking is metered. I need to call the cruise people to see if the parking meters are in effect on Saturdays. Probably are. Some may have to use parking meters.

Enjoy the weekend!
    Tyler Butler