FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean in Kansas City with 351 and Pantera trans.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Can someone please define "original miles" for me? Is that "original" as in "the car was driven X number of miles since new," or "original" as in "the car was driven X number of miles before the engine swap," or "original" as in "the car was driven X number of miles after the engine swap"? I am confused. Thanks in advance.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

The car has 1911 original miles from the factory, it had about 900 miles when the conversion was finished.

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    The car has 1911 original miles from the factory, it had about 900 miles when the conversion was finished.
    Thanks!
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

(As this is in the General Discussion forum, and not the "For sale" area, I guess we can comment on the ad....)

Joseph,

the car is an 83, not an 82 as listed in the ebay ad. Not that it really makes a lot of difference.

The ebay listing says that the transmission is a 4-speed, yet the car retains it's original DMC 5-speed pattern gear shift. Can you clarify.

If you know who the "famous" owner was, I would suggest naming him.

The wiki entry for the pantera shows the engine as 330HP output. Can anyone confirm that?

Based on the carfax report, this car has only traveled 136 miles in 16 years, that's 8.5 miles per year, so anyone buying it will have to overhaul a lot of the seals, gaskets, rubber boots, grease etc on the running gear, bodywork etc. New tires, expansion tank, fluids flush etc, etc etc (read $, $$, $$$)

With all due respect, and IMHO, asking $50k for this car, in this condition is unrealistic. (I would hardly call it "reasonable"). Perhaps when it has been gone through and been "refurbished" it could attain that amount.

But that's just my opinion.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

As far as the year..like I said I'm not an expert, I was just asked to list it for him since he's not to familiar with computers. Any interest in the car will be handed over to him and he can answer all questions. Also the pics were taken last year and although the car appears to be dusty. It does get driven on a regular basis, just not to far. It starts right up, shifts through all gears perfect and doesn't leak or burn a drop of oil. This is a very nice car with no issues other than the original tires are old and dry. As for the famous owner..I will let the old man tell you the story. He was a music promoter in the 50s, 60s and 70s. He is very well known in Nashville is all I can say. The car comes with a mountain of pics and paperwork with all of its previous history. 50k may sound steep...but try and find another, better yet try and build this one of a kind today with this much workmanship. Oh and start with a car with 1900 original miles. You can't do it for this price! Even the dash panel was professionally redone. No corners were cut on this car.

As for the singer this car has ties to..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Jimmy_Dickens
    Also it is an 83,
    And it is a 4 speed.

My VIN:    5186

You really need to advertise who the "famous country music owner" was or is. A celebrity as the owner might increase the value the car, depending on who it is/was.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm2iNNqj2fQ

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    And it is a 4 speed.
    Wait, what?
    - Chris

what

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Chris, your vid has "Embedding disabled by request".

Apologies, just got off the phone with him and now he says it is a 5 speed trans. I drove it once and couldn't recall, Also I think we found a buyer...looks like the car might be going back to Nashville!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast