FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: re: WANTED - Meet with a Delorean owner and Their Car

My friends think I'm nuts jawn101's Avatar

My VIN:    02100

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Not to mention that the local owners around here are some of the most humble and excellent people I've ever met. Someone will definitely step up for this request.

My car's off the road and I am scared to drive it in SF proper (especially once this brand new clutch goes in!) or I'd meet the guy myself.
    Jon
    1981 DMC-12 #02100. July 1981. 5-speed, black, grooved w/flap.
    restoration log, March 2011 to present
    full and detailed photo restoration log

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by justlooking View Post
    Do you think you could have replied more inappropriately?
    Definitely. How about this: "meet with and discuss" == "rape violently, then kill and steal"

I could probably do better, but I think you'd need to grow a sense of humor to appreciate it. So you should probably just chill out instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Not to mention that the local owners around here are some of the most humble and excellent people I've ever met.
    I've found most owners in general to be like this. And most of them know how to laugh.
    - Chris

what

OH NO!!! Not another poll...

My VIN:    3028

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Definitely. How about this: "meet with and discuss" == "rape violently, then kill and steal"

I could probably do better, but I think you'd need to grow a sense of humor to appreciate it. So you should probably just chill out instead.

I've found most owners in general to be like this. And most of them know how to laugh.
    That is funny, made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post

"like"

But yeah, get a sense of humor. Try reading posts out loud, and change infection and stresses on words as you do so.

My VIN:    5311

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Dinty Moore Beef Stew.
    - Chris

what

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Dinty Moore Beef Stew.
    That's not appropriate. I do not find it funny.

Perhaps if it helps, let me provide you with a bit of my background, to help demonstrate that I have no ulterior motives, other than to learn about the Delorean ownership experience. First of all I am a 53 year old male, married, with kids in college. I am not looking for any relationship, not looking to hurt anyone, and not looking to sell anything. I am merely an auto enthusiast and have followed the DMCTalk Forum, and have finally registered. My connection to the Delorean was that I was 22 years old when they first appeared in dealerships. Locally they were sold at the Porsche Dealership in Burlingame and a dealership in Colma (just south of San Francisco). After several months, I recall the Porsche Dealership marking them down to $27,500 plus tax and license. My hobby car at the time was a 1975 Bricklin, and yes I was attracted to the Bricklin's gullwing doors, certainly not its performance, and if you are familiar with Bricklins, the Delorean is light years ahead of the Bricklin in quality control and just about every other category, except price, as my Bricklin cost $9,000, and had very little that could go wrong with it, except the Bricklin gullwing doors which were converted from electric to air. I have no delusions that the Delorean performs like my Lotus, but rather I would eventually like to acquire a Delorean for what it is and represents. I also like the fact that parts are obtainable through Delorean of Houston, so I should be able to keep the car on the road for some occasional weekend driving.
    Lastly, if I were to own 3 cars in this category it would be a 1948 Tucker, a Tesla and a Delorean, as they represent 3 great cars from "independents" that could have been so much more (the history book is not yet closed on Tesla). I am NOT attracted to a Delorean because it starred in "Back to the Future", nor will I install a Flux Capacitator (sorry if I offended some).
    I hope someone in the SF Area could contact me to discuss their ownership experience.

Thanks,
    vincesf
    Last edited by vincesf; 07-05-2012 at 06:07 PM.

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by vincesf View Post
    Perhaps if it helps, let me provide you with a bit of my background, to help demonstrate that I have no ulterior motives, other than to learn about the Delorean ownership experience. First of all I am a 53 year old male, married, with kids in college. I am not looking for any relationship, not looking to hurt anyone, and not looking to sell anything. I am merely an auto enthusiast and have followed the DMCTalk Forum, and have finally registered. My connection to the Delorean was that I was 22 years old when they first appeared in dealerships. Locally they were sold at the Porsche Dealership in Burlingame and a dealership in Colma (just south of San Francisco). After several months, I recall the Porsche Dealership marking them down to $27,500 plus tax and license. My hobby car at the time was a 1975 Bricklin, and yes I was attracted to the Bricklin's gullwing doors, certainly not its performance, and if you are familiar with Bricklins, the Delorean is light years ahead of the Bricklin in quality control and just about every other category, except price, as my Bricklin cost $9,000, and had very little that could go wrong with it, except the Bricklin gullwing doors which were converted from electric to air. I have no delusions that the Delorean performs like my Lotus, but rather I would eventually like to acquire a Delorean for what it is and represents. I also like the fact that parts are obtainable through Delorean of Houston, so I should be able to keep the car on the road for some occasional weekend driving.
    Lastly, if I were to own 3 cars in this category it would be a 1948 Tucker, a Tesla and a Delorean, as they represent 3 great cars from "independents" that could have been so much more (the history book is not yet closed on Tesla). I am NOT attracted to a Delorean because it starred in "Back to the Future", nor will I install a Flux Capacitator (sorry if I offended some).
    I hope someone in the SF Area could contact me to discuss their ownership experience.

Thanks,
    vincesf
    Hey Vince(?), you know we are just playing with you, we're happy to have you onboard. I guess when you own a DeLorean you have to develop a twisted sense of humour because of how strange this car can be to maintain. Like I posted earlier I'm sure someone will contact you, and we know you have no motives.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdmanj View Post
    "like"

But yeah, get a sense of humor. Try reading posts out loud, and change infection and stresses on words as you do so.

David?
    Last edited by Ron; 07-05-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast