FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Plugs In FOR SALE Section

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Plugs In FOR SALE Section

Ron,

if you are intent on us strictly following the rules of this "for sale" sub-forum and deleting non-relevant posts, which I don't have a problem with, then surely Chris's post (#15) should be deleted also as it is not related to the item for sale. (Again, do not post a question or remark if you do not intend to buy the item.")

(go ahead and delete this now )
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Dermot,

That is a good example of the dangers of not including (or reading) the entire original post -- Chris is not one of the "Members" as such...

I wouldn't delete his post even if he wasn't doing his job, out of professional courtesy anyway.
    You can always PM Mike or Tamir if you disapprove -- But I'm not going to mess with Chris because, save illegal activities, he has more power than I.

Seriously, I received a valid complaint and took care of it, then cleaned out ~20 other posts!!! Not to be strict but to raise awareness of how sloppy it was getting -- My bad too, but hopefully, that and this post will do the trick...
    Last edited by Ron; 07-05-2012 at 02:59 PM.

I had indeed read the original post, and thought I understood it, but had not appreciated the nuance that Chris was not a "member" per se. He had inserted the first OT post, I had asked him a question about it, and he had given a reasoned answer.

I appreciate the cleaning out of OT threads, don't get me wrong, but I would contend that Chris' request would have been better served by a PM to the poster, and a fresh thread in this "Forum Support" area outlining a new policy, thereby keeping the original thread on-topic.

Anyway, moving on. Keep up the good work.
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    5311

I've tried PMing people about that Tapatalk nonsense and I almost never get a reply. (People tend to not look at their messages as often as threads I guess.)

I'm usually good about clearing out OT posts from threads where there's a split, but I hadn't gotten around to taking care of this one. (I'm about to leave the country for a long time so I've got other stuff preoccupying me. Heh!) Sorry 'bout that one, since it caused some issues.

I will say that I don't agree that I'm not a member. I'm not above the rules here. I work under them just like everyone else.
    - Chris

what

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    I've tried PMing people about that Tapatalk nonsense and I almost never get a reply. (People tend to not look at their messages as often as threads I guess.)

I'm usually good about clearing out OT posts from threads where there's a split, but I hadn't gotten around to taking care of this one. (I'm about to leave the country for a long time so I've got other stuff preoccupying me. Heh!) Sorry 'bout that one, since it caused some issues.

I will say that I don't agree that I'm not a member. I'm not above the rules here. I work under them just like everyone else.
    This thread is about plugs in the FOR SALE section. Tapatalk and other OT discussion does not belong in this thread. And, once again, what was said has been taken out of context -- I said, "Chris is not one of the "Members" as such...", not that you weren't a member....
    Now if this were my thread, I'd ban your ass, but since I moved Dermot's post to create this thread, I guess it is technically his, so nobody gives a crap.

I guess I'm slow this afternoon, but I didn't really understand the new title of the thread. When you say "plugs" Ron, I thought you meant the faux signature that iphones and such stick at the end of a post?

Sent from my irotary telephone
    Dermot

Good question.
    In advertising a plug means- "make a plug for; praise the qualities for in order to sell or promote."
    IIRC, with every post I deleted, one might say it was spam for the benefit of another person or his item...against the rules.
    Yep, Faux signatures are spam/plugs too.

THX!

The entire rule (with RED addressing "plugs").

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    8. Members: STOP posting remarks like "free bump,good guy or good item”. If you are NOT going to purchase the items listed. Remarks like "you can get it cheaper at so and so place" are NOT allowed.
    Again, do not post a question or remark if you do not intend to buy the item.
    Last edited by Ron; 07-05-2012 at 03:08 PM.