FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: "Black" Decal Project - VIN 500 **Split From Matt's Graphic Overlay Projects**

Quote Originally Posted by kajcienski View Post
    Here are pictures of the new reproduction decal
    Wait, you made that... yourself? Dayum, sure as hell looks OEM to me

I think I am good with the scan now.
    Does that mean you don't need mine either? If you don't, I'll probably do the scan once I get it back in mid-September. Not a problem.

Let us know how Crawford works out! I haven't been there in a while, and I sure wouldn't mind going again after the wedding.

My VIN:    16793

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post
    Wait, you made that... yourself? Dayum, sure as hell looks OEM to me

Does that mean you don't need mine either? If you don't, I'll probably do the scan once I get it back in mid-September. Not a problem.

Let us know how Crawford works out! I haven't been there in a while, and I sure wouldn't mind going again after the wedding.
    I think I should be good with the scan I'll keep you posted on Crawford and if we can get in to take backlit photographs.
    DeLorean VIN 16793 - 1983
    Loving my power steering!

I think I should be good with the scan I'll keep you posted on Crawford and if we can get in to take backlit photographs.
    Sounds good! I'll keep watching this thread for updates.

I would think someone there has a camera though, so perhaps my presence is not needed. I suspect a museum, of all places, has someone there that takes good pictures. Might want to ask them so as to speed things up a bit

VIN 500 Museum Update!

I just got off the phone with the "curator" of the museum VIN 500 resides and looks like we are a "go" for photographing the decal when backlit. They are extremely nice. The car is on loan currently but will be returning in September. I will need someone in the Crawford Automotive Museum area who has a depthy background with DeLoreans (to keep my promise that an expert would be handling the visit) to take the photographs. I simply don't have the time to make a trip out there. If anyone is interested, please PM me and can set everything up in early September along with details.

PM sent. Not sure how much of an expert I am though (further explained in said PM), but I am available then.

One thing I forgot to mention: I'll probably have my parents tag along if I go. Might as well visit the rest of the museum while I'm there.

The main issue is really to have the confidence to deal with any hick-ups such as a bulb, fuse, removal of the light panel, etc... The museum is kind enough to let us do the photos correctly and just need to be sure without hesitation that the person is qualified and can handle anything that arises. There is only one decal like this, and decals can "chip" if not careful. The museum needs to know that the person doing this is confident and knowledgable - and have to respect them even allowing us to do this Perhaps two people can pair up and take a visit. I'll throw in a free blackout or type 2 repro decal to the one or two people that agree to visit and take photos!

Quote Originally Posted by EMDF View Post
    PM sent. Not sure how much of an expert I am though (further explained in said PM), but I am available then.

One thing I forgot to mention: I'll probably have my parents tag along if I go. Might as well visit the rest of the museum while I'm there.
    Last edited by kajcienski; 07-18-2012 at 11:37 PM.

After discussing this via PM, I've agreed to spend a weekend practicing religiously on 559 once I get her back until I'm 100% comfortable with the process and any hiccups that might come along the way, then visit Crawford the next weekend (or some weekend after that). If anyone else wants to go, don't hesitate to ask! I'm certainly not against partnering up with a fellow D owner, or even an enthusiast photographer

Considering how nice, courteous, and professional Crawford is being with this entire process, I hope some day I can get the only two 500 series D's verified to be in Ohio together and perhaps photograph them side-by-side. Man what an awesome picture opportunity that would be!

EDIT: After re-reading this, I fear I may be giving a sort of "controlling" vibe with this post. That's certainly not intended, and I apologize if it comes across that way! If it doesn't, disregard this edit.
    Last edited by Shep; 07-20-2012 at 08:48 PM.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I should probably go and take care of this. Still needing a professional to take care of this?
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Hi Josh - That would be really great and thank you for offering. EMDF here on the forum is strong in photography so perhaps we can find a date you both can go together. I think the museum people would feel at ease with you there. You might want to think of anything else you would to check out on the car while you are at it. This whole thing would go down in late September or October when the car is back from loan. I'll contact you more towards then. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I should probably go and take care of this. Still needing a professional to take care of this?

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I knew I was forgetting something. How good are you at photography? I'd feel kind of tacky (for lack of a better term) bringing my family to Crawford when all I'd do is take pictures. Just seems a little odd to me, one expert doing all the work himself, and an amateur with a camera bringing his entourage.

Not sure how much I'm at liberty to say, but would that other D owner you told me about who recently visited Europe be able to help out with that? Perhaps their services would be of use here. I'm thinking I should sit this one out, no harm no foul. Besides, you can pick any arbitrary weekday to visit as can be arranged. I'd need to stick to weekends.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4