FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Universal Orlando Resort Hard Rock Cafe' shows off Coulombe Ent DeLorean Time Machine

My VIN:    5610

Universal Orlando Resort Hard Rock Cafe' shows off Coulombe Ent DeLorean Time Machine

Just wanted to show off some photos of our lastest Delorean Time Machine 2015 Fusion Industries Series replica that was recently on display at Universal Orlando Resort Hard Rock Cafe' for a Back To The Future party on June 26, 2012. We had an awesome time, received some great press and Universal was awe stucked by the details in our Time Machine.

We also had Chris Prueitt and Rob Sims, professional actors for USF playing the roles of Doc Brown and Marty Mcfly. They were a big hit and kept the crowd entertained the whole day. Thank you USF, Chris & Rob we had a "GREAT" time! Hope everyone enjoys the photos. Thanks DMCTalk for letting me post these here.

564416_10150604165617531_1551187663_n.jpg 103_5051.jpg 103_5034.jpg UOHRC062612-B.jpg 103_5048.jpg 103_5045.jpg 103_5085.jpg 103_5090.jpg 103_5091.jpg 103_5109.jpg 103_5111.jpg 103_5112.jpg 103_5113.jpg 103_5136.jpg 103_5142.jpg 103_5150.jpg 103_5153A.jpg 103_5156.jpg 103_5157.jpg 103_5158.jpg 103_5180.jpg 103_5182.jpg 103_5183.jpg DSCF2841.jpg DSCF2866.jpg DSCF2872.jpg DSCF2874.jpg 103_5323A.jpg DSCF2905.jpg DSCF2963.jpg 103_5101.jpg DSCF2821.jpg 103_5165A.jpg

My VIN:    Formerly 10084

Club(s):   (DCF)

Hey Bruce -

That looks great! Wonderful pictures!

Glad everything worked out good for you at the Hard Rock. I have no idea how they got you in the front - did you drive through CityWalk or is there a way they shuffled you in from the back?!

A few of the Orlando DeLorean owners need to swing by your shop one day if your up for visitors!

Here is a shot of my car on stage there too from an event earlier this year.
    Attached Images
    -Derek

http://www.deloreanreborn.com
    http://www.deloreanclubfl.com - Florida's home for DeLorean owners and enthusiasts!

Tesla Model S 2013 P85+ | Grey Metallic | Black Performance Interior | Pano | Carbon Fiber Decor | Dual Chargers | Tech Package | Smart Air Suspension | Ultra High Fidelity Sound | Rear Facing Seats --- Added: CF Spoiler | Front Camera Kit | Yacht Floor

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Looks like the event was a huge success Bruce! Very glad you were able to find professional actors for Doc and Marty. I'm sure they did a much better job than my friend and I could have done. Wish we could have seen it in person.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    3004

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMage View Post

A few of the Orlando DeLorean owners need to swing by your shop one day if your up for visitors.
    Class trip! I wanna go. Count me in.

In regards to the pics, I can't tell if the bands are Led or EL wire but it looks awesome especially since you can change colors.

Quote Originally Posted by DMage View Post
    Hey Bruce -

That looks great! Wonderful pictures!

Glad everything worked out good for you at the Hard Rock. I have no idea how they got you in the front - did you drive through CityWalk or is there a way they shuffled you in from the back?!

A few of the Orlando DeLorean owners need to swing by your shop one day if your up for visitors!

Here is a shot of my car on stage there too from an event earlier this year.
    Thanks for the nice compliments.

To get my car on the outside stage we had to enter thru the back lot Gate #2 area. On the south side of the HRC is some arches to a hallway. (see pics)
    That arch is only 92 inches wide. We ( me and USF Security staff) had to remove all objects from the hallway path. Then we had to manually push the car into a 14 foot wide hallway strip. Once we got the car straighten in the hallway ( after about 9 tries), we had to manually push the car down 30 feet to where the hallway now narrows down to 92 inches wide for about 40 feet. The last arch was also 92 inches wide before entering onto the outdoor stage. Once there we had plenty of room to maneuver. To get the car back out the same way we came in. We tried to go out front first but, after about 20 tries we were not able to do so. We had to back out the car to the outdoor stage and turn the DeLorean around to manually push it out backwards. Then we got her out after about 6 tries. WAS NOT EASY!!

103_5025.jpg 103_5021.jpg 103_5017.jpg 103_4994a.jpg 103_5010a.jpg 103_5006a.jpg 103_5005a.jpg 103_4996a.jpg 103_4998a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DL4567 View Post
    Looks like the event was a huge success Bruce! Very glad you were able to find professional actors for Doc and Marty. I'm sure they did a much better job than my friend and I could have done. Wish we could have seen it in person.
    Thanks Derek!

Please understand, I had no vote in the hiring of the Doc & Marty actors. Koncept told me that they had contacted you for a quote, is this correct?

I know that I gave your contact info and Chris Preitt's contact info to Koncept and Koncept contacted Universal directly for info on the two actors that work for USF. I don't know how they came to making their decission. I'm sure it was based on the two actors being local and working for USF.

Better luck to you in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeli View Post
    Class trip! I wanna go. Count me in.

In regards to the pics, I can't tell if the bands are Led or EL wire but it looks awesome especially since you can change colors.
    Everyone and "ALMOST" anyone is welcome to visit with me at my workshop. Not much to see in my opinion. A small but useful workshop. Just give me advanced warning and we'll go from there.

As for the lighting FX under the Flux Bands. I use weather proof LED Neon strips. They are cost effective, easy to work with & install and give off a great glow. Much much better to work with than the EL strings.

Surprisingly enough, fans love the color changing on the Flux bands but, hard core BTTF critics "Hate" it! I've been told that I'm not staying true to the film. The strips should be "white" first, blue second. I say they are right about the white but, the movie displayed blue and only hard core fans know of the white. I believe in giving my customers and fans the most FX for their buck and what they want to see in FX. My logic is, put in as much custom FX and a on/off switch onto my replicas that is cost effective, profitable and mezmerizing to all. If some someone does not want those custom FX and only the true to the movie fX, than use the "TURN OFF" switch!
    Last edited by Coulombe; 07-15-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: misspelled mesmerizing

Absolutely amazing Bruce.

Another great BTTF Time Machine!

ED

Quote Originally Posted by BTTF-1 View Post
    Absolutely amazing Bruce.

Another great BTTF Time Machine!

ED
    Thank you, Ed!!! You are too kind. I am glad you like and appreciate our work. Your $50 endorsement fee is in the mail.

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Coulombe View Post
    Thanks Derek!

Please understand, I had no vote in the hiring of the Doc & Marty actors. Koncept told me that they had contacted you for a quote, is this correct?

I know that I gave your contact info and Chris Preitt's contact info to Koncept and Koncept contacted Universal directly for info on the two actors that work for USF. I don't know how they came to making their decision. I'm sure it was based on the two actors being local and working for USF.

Better luck to you in the future.

Oh no worries at all! I didn't know when I first contacted you months ago, the level of "seriousness" of the gig, and honestly felt later that it was way over my head. My friend and I are not actors at all, not even thespian/drama people. We just have put a lot of effort into our costumes for collecting purposes and dressing up at events like DragonCon. So as soon as I saw there were actual actors being considered (not only that, the USF Doc and Marty actors -- doesn't get any better than that short of Chris Lloyd and MJF themselves) then I knew they were the ones for the job.

Koncept never asked me for a "quote" exactly, but there was one email they sent to both you and I asking for contracts, so I guess that may have been it. But that was after I wrote you saying if there are professionals available, you're much better off going with them. So I figured I was out by that point.

Anyway, I don't regret it at all, seeing now that it was an all day event. My friend and I would have been out of material after 10 minutes. Thanks again for the consideration though, and maybe we can do something together in the future.
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast