FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Interior lights & door ajar light issues

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

OK, So the driver door lights and door open warning light works as it should, the passenger door lights and open warning switch work as it should. I have an aftermarket dome light in the front position, the one that the lens rocks back and forth for the different settings. I noticed that when pushing in the passenger door switch manually, jiggling it , the light would flicker on. it won't stay on, just can see it flicker.

My VIN:    06668 81' Grey interior, 5 speed, Grooved hood. Previous owner of 16301, in 2001. Found Nov 2019, a

Quote Originally Posted by hippieman9 View Post
    OK, So the driver door lights and door open warning light works as it should, the passenger door lights and open warning switch work as it should. I have an aftermarket dome light in the front position, the one that the lens rocks back and forth for the different settings. I noticed that when pushing in the passenger door switch manually, jiggling it , the light would flicker on. it won't stay on, just can see it flicker.
    Correction, I double checked both doors and the light will flicker with the driver side switch too. Also I attached a pic of the light wiring and the diodes.
    Attached Images

OK, Well, mystery solved. I switched the front and rear dome lights and the front worked fine. So.. It was a bad light housing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3