FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The continued search for my DeLorean

I don't want to be part of the Human race Roman Legion's Avatar

My VIN:    VIN in progress.

Club(s):   (DCVA) (LVDG) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

The continued search for my DeLorean

To continue the thread I started on the old forums, I am deploying by the end of this year and I am looking for a DeLorean to call my own upon my return. If you are selling a DeLorean or know someone selling a running DeLorean, Please post here or PM me. My price range is $15k - 20K

Thanks!

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

I thoroughly recommend autotrader.com. They have 22 DeLoreans for sale at time of posting, and the number grows each time I check (about once a month). I checked this site religiously overseas. I found mine on collectorcarads.com (they have none currently listed), but this is the site that I've found with the largest number posted. The prices currently range from 36,000 to just under 18k. With three exceptions, they're all under 60k miles and a few are sub 10k.

There's also ebay, but an online transaction like that is incredibly difficult to arrange while in Afdammitstan.
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee_1632 View Post
    I thoroughly recommend autotrader.com. They have 22 DeLoreans for sale at time of posting, and the number grows each time I check (about once a month). I checked this site religiously overseas. I found mine on collectorcarads.com (they have none currently listed), but this is the site that I've found with the largest number posted. The prices currently range from 36,000 to just under 18k. With three exceptions, they're all under 60k miles and a few are sub 10k.

There's also ebay, but an online transaction like that is incredibly difficult to arrange while in Afdammitstan.
    I am trying to look while I am in country and buy when I get back.. As nice as it would be to come home to my DeLorean sitting in my driveway, to this point everyone has been very unwilling to work out a deal to simply hold a car for me. If I have internet, you can bet I will be online checking out the one thing I have to look forward to. 18k sounds great, I just want it to run and do not mind putting time or some money into it as I go, which I expect to do even with a 20k D.

<EDIT> I found this one in Virginia for a good price..

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb
    Last edited by Roman Legion; 06-19-2011 at 11:19 PM.

My VIN:    1710

The DeLorean I found here in Austin recently is still for sale: early '81, dark wheels, gas flap, black interior, 5-speed, $16k. Car runs and drives, is complete, and in decent condition. Car definitely needs some TLC (especially in the electrics), but it's been a Texas car it's entire life, and the frame is spotless. It's a good base point for someone wanting a drivable resto. PM me for the seller's # & pics if you're interested.

My VIN:    1505

Delorean for sale met the guy at the european car show

Hey,

When we ( Mid-State DeLorean Club) were showing the cars at the St. Louis European car show I spoke that owner of this one http://tinyurl.com/3mhrddv

I believe he would take around 18k for it. If you call them ask for Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    The DeLorean I found here in Austin recently is still for sale: early '81, dark wheels, gas flap, black interior, 5-speed, $16k. Car runs and drives, is complete, and in decent condition. Car definitely needs some TLC (especially in the electrics), but it's been a Texas car it's entire life, and the frame is spotless. It's a good base point for someone wanting a drivable resto. PM me for the seller's # & pics if you're interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by wtbstuff View Post
    Hey,

When we ( Mid-State DeLorean Club) were showing the cars at the St. Louis European car show I spoke that owner of this one http://tinyurl.com/3mhrddv

My main term besides it running is I need the seller to hold the car until I get back in country, up to this point nobody has been able to meet this term, other than asking for several thousand upfront as a down payment(Which I currently do not have). I have no problem with waiting until I get back to seach, but I believe it is preferable to have one already on standby the second I am back state side.

My VIN:    4266, Previously 11056

Quote Originally Posted by wtbstuff View Post
    Hey,

If it is consolation, I tried to get a hold of these people but nothing. Roman, Your best bet would be to borrow, buy and store then pay off when you get home. That seems to be a good way of doing it the way you want to and have it on standby for your return. Not ideal, but it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukem View Post
    If it is consolation, I tried to get a hold of these people but nothing. Roman, Your best bet would be to borrow, buy and store then pay off when you get home. That seems to be a good way of doing it the way you want to and have it on standby for your return. Not ideal, but it's an option.
    If I cannot find someone to be so kind as to just hold the car, Plan B is to wait until I get back; I would like to have everything worked out way in advance, but this is not a perfect world by far..

My VIN:    03254

There is a car located in Estes Park, Colorado. The owner has not been too agressive in trying to sell it and I have not seen it yet but according to his description it may just be what you are looking for.

I'd be happy to arrange a time check it out for anyone who may be interested.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dhaney View Post
    There is a car located in Estes Park, Colorado. The owner has not been too agressive in trying to sell it and I have not seen it yet but according to his description it may just be what you are looking for.

I'd be happy to arrange a time check it out for anyone who may be interested.

Dan
    That would be great, hope you can snap some pictures..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast