FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Brake Caliper Upgrades From Vendors

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Farrar View Post
    This would be me. I had the rotors turned once, but after one panic stop, they warped again.
    Did you measure them with a dial indicator? People usually mistake pad crap for warped rotors. If they really warped that easy they were cut too thin.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Did you measure them with a dial indicator? People usually mistake pad crap for warped rotors. If they really warped that easy they were cut too thin.
    No, I haven't bothered buying a caliper to measure them. I just figure I'll replace the discs before I put the car back into regular service.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by djdogbone View Post
    So, other than "home brew" vented discs, there are no current vented discs for the stock braking system, correct?
    I believe its been about a decade since they were offered, but IIRC, Ed Uding had a nearly bolt-on solution with spacers for the stock front calipers
    and a pair of drilled and vented front discs from a European Ford Granada (not sure if the 4x100 bolt pattern was stock or machined in a drill press).

These were available at DCS 2002 in Memphis at Ed's vendor table. Again, IIRC, there was only one display set, but you could order them at the show.
    I am not sure how long this kit was marketed or how many units were sold, but I think I have a kit (or a knock-off kit) with one of my project cars.

I will try to take some photos of the rotors and/or calipers with spacers, the next time I am out at my shop.
    Last edited by Rich W; 08-21-2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: fixed type-o's

My VIN:    897 5 spd,

A homebrew solution would be to source or fab the spacers and then put together a custom hat & rotor combination suitable to our car.
    Nick
    - No matter how many people believe in a dumb idea ... it is still a dumb idea!
    - Some cars look fast. Some cars look faster than time!
    - The question is not "where did the time go" but rather "where to go in time".

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

Rotors

I had put brand on new front rotors and within six months the brake pedal was pulsating. I don't drive hard could this mean I have a stuck caliper?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    I had put brand on new front rotors and within six months the brake pedal was pulsating. I don't drive hard could this mean I have a stuck caliper?
    Yes.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Brake upgrade

I have a set on the way from delorean uk so once they are in will review them.

www.delorean.eu

My VIN:    11626

New cutom made vent disk

Right now we have 200 sets of new made vent disk in the harbor of Amsterdam waiting for customs.
    It is a bold on dick fro the front, no spacers and what ever is neat, it will come with the spacer set for the existing calipers.
    We will sale it as a complete kit, disk set spacers and new seal kit for the calipers it self.
    In 4 weeks we have it on the website with the performance parts.

Ed Uding
    www.delorean.eu

My VIN:    6353

Quote Originally Posted by ed uding View Post
    Right now we have 200 sets of new made vent disk in the harbor of Amsterdam waiting for customs.
    It is a bold on dick fro the front, no spacers and what ever is neat, it will come with the spacer set for the existing calipers.
    We will sale it as a complete kit, disk set spacers and new seal kit for the calipers it self.
    In 4 weeks we have it on the website with the performance parts.

Ed Uding
    www.delorean.eu
    Awesome Ed I just made a thread about this

My VIN:    4608

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

This looks like a good simple setup, What are the brands and part number of the calipers and rotors? Thanks

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast