FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: help car won't start

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    Ok... This Sucks...

I used a wire from the center of the coil close to ground... cranked, it sparks... So then I pulled a spark plug wire, inserted the wire put close to ground, and it sparks... car still does no try to fire.... ahhhhh

And Thanks guys for the help...
    No that's a good thing...

Spark is good, so go to easiest end of the fuel....
    Pull and injector and put it in a container. Lift the 3 prongs/clips on it up with a hook or a strong bent coat hanger and it will pop out. Don't bend the prongs/clips too much.

If it sprays, you need to check others or see if the plugs are wet since you have been doing a lot of cranking w/o starting...(ie you could of fixed the spark, and now it is flooded...)

EDIT: just re-read some...The noise you heard before when pushing the plate could also be vibrating when spraying..
    Last edited by Ron; 07-26-2012 at 12:29 AM.

My VIN:    3757

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    No that's a good thing...

Spark is good, so go to easiest end of the fuel....
    Pull and injector and put it in a container. Lift the 3 prongs/clips on it up with a hook or a strong bent coat hanger and it will pop out. Don't bend the prongs/clips too much.

If it sprays, you need to check others or see if the plugs are wet since you have been doing a lot of cranking w/o starting...(ie you could of fixed the spark, and now it is flooded...)

EDIT: just re-read some...The noise you heard before when pushing the plate could also be vibrating when spraying..
    Ok I pulled an injector... I cranked for 5 seconds, and got about a 1/4 teaspoon of gas... So... now What?.....

And.... thanks

You didn't need to crank but press the plate and watch for a fine spray into the container...you can check that to be sure, but sounds like you are getting gas. I bet your plugs are fuel fowled now...

You didn't need to crank but press the plate and watch for a fine spray into the container...you can check that to be sure, but sounds like you are getting gas. I bet your plugs are fuel fowled now...
    So frustrated... I have Fuel, Air & Spark... which means it should run... there is not even a hint of of it fireing.... Ok I did drive it.. it ran... now it laughs at me. I have a very large, very heavy, piece of art.... so... what do I do next... Pull plugs and clean? Can't understand how it won't fire...

And.... Really... thanks, nice not to be alone...

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
    So frustrated... I have Fuel, Air & Spark... which means it should run... there is not even a hint of of it fireing.... Ok I did drive it.. it ran... now it laughs at me. I have a very large, very heavy, piece of art.... so... what do I do next... Pull plugs and clean? Can't understand how it won't fire...

And.... Really... thanks, nice not to be alone...

Craig
    No Problem!

If the plugs are wet or sooty from before and/or now flooded, the spark will not jump the plug gap...
    Pull a couple easy ones at least and see how they look.

Double check that a plug wire is firing every once in a while as you do other things to see if you can catch it not sparking again...

Ok... I think I just made headway..... I pulled an injector... turned the key on... "Pump switch on" I hear buzzing on the fuel mix thing... I push the plate and I get no gas.... so... IS THAT a good thing?????

I pulled a plug... it was black.. they are Autolite Platum... I brush cleaned it.. put it back..

Craig
    Last edited by Silverbullet; 07-26-2012 at 01:31 AM.

Good that you found something lol ... If it don't spray, it is bad or you aren't getting pressure to it. Several things can cause it if it's pressure, so I would check a few more, and maybe pull the Cold Start Valve line off and put it in a container (it is next to the oil fill, has a blue top and two wire plug) But be careful because it can have pressure when the injector don't spray. Have someone turn the key on and off quickly as it has more pressure. Several routes depending on what you say it does.... (We are jumping to the Cold Start Valve to test because it is easier and pressure there should eleminate a lot down stream...)

How does the plate feel when you pushed it? When you tap it sharply, do you knock it way down and it comes back or does it just follow your finger with resistance?
    Last edited by Ron; 07-26-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Good that you found something lol ... If it don't spray, it is bad or you aren't getting pressure to it. Several things can cause it if it's pressure, so I would check a few more, and maybe pull the Cold Start Valve line off and put it in a container (it is next to the oil fill, has a blue top and two wire plug) But be careful because it can have pressure when the injector don't spray. Have someone turn the key on and off quickly as it has more pressure. Several routes depending on what you say it does.... (We are jumping to the Cold Start Valve to test because it is easier and pressure there should eleminate a lot down stream...)

How does the plate feel when you pushed it? When you tap it sharply, do you knock it way down and it comes back or does it just follow your finger with resistance?
    The plate just seems to follow my finger...

Ok, I took the line off the Blue Cold Start.. it was under pressure. I turned the key on.. and pushed the plate, no gas, and the plate just bounced...

Craig

Banned

Post #50 did you use one of the spark plug wires to visually check for a spark or did you use a piece of regular wire?

I used the spark plug wire, with a wire stuck in it.. so I could go to ground..

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast