FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pearce Design Components

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Pearce Design Components

Does anyone knows what's happening to PDC?
    I mean all his products are out of stock and no longer in production.
    http://www.pearce-design.com/products.html
    I thought his products was the future for our cars, at least the front lower control arm and front upper control arm, because the frame are not affordable for everyone.
    I don't know if Bryan is here on the new dmctalk, this way he will be able to explain if he has any plant for the future.
    Thanks for any informations

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    Does anyone knows what's happening to PDC?
    I mean all his products are out of stock and no longer in production.
    http://www.pearce-design.com/products.html
    I thought his products was the future for our cars, at least the front lower control arm and front upper control arm, because the frame are not affordable for everyone.
    I don't know if Bryan is here on the new dmctalk, this way he will be able to explain if he has any plant for the future.
    Thanks for any informations
    I am not sure if Bryan is on DMCTalk.org or not (he was on the old .com), but there has been discussion of PDC Products continuing to be produced
    either through another third party or by a DMC vendor (directly) in the future. I do not believe there has been any official announcement yet.

While I am sure there are many factors in the current hold on production, one reason may be that Bryan is locating to a different state this year.

I am sure either Bryan or one of the DMC Vendors will be commenting once any deal reaches completion. If no news is posted soon, I will inquire.

Later,
    Rich W.
    Last edited by Rich W; 07-26-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: type-o fixes again

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Thank you for your answer

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

There's also this...

"As of December 2011 we no longer have any products in stock and Pearce Design Components is no longer in business. May thanks to the DeLorean Community it has been a fun ride."

http://www.pearce-design.com/companyinfo.html

Cheers.
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    16409

Josh Bengston seems to be the stainless steel master these days anyway. It seems he's continuing to develop more and more stainless goodies for our cars.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by Chris 16409 View Post
    Josh Bengston seems to be the stainless steel master these days anyway. It seems he's continuing to develop more and more stainless goodies for our cars.
    I will gladly take that title.

With PDC. DPI had first dibs on the rights, jigs etc. In the end it came down to it being a very dated design/fabrication process that was easier to just start from scratch on. Which for those who have stopped out recently have seen first hand. I know DMCH apparently was the other interested party. I let it pass knowing if we can't see working dashes or binnacles there is no threat of frames becoming a reality either. I couldn't justify the ridiculous price tag for something that badly needed redesigned anyways. 25k+ depending on the day of the week gets you jigs, a expensive source of materials and a lack of knowledge for something that is kinda scratched on paper but mostly in the builders head.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I will gladly take that title.

With PDC. DPI had first dibs on the rights, jigs etc. In the end it came down to it being a very dated design/fabrication process that was easier to just start from scratch on. Which for those who have stopped out recently have seen first hand. I know DMCH apparently was the other interested party. I let it pass knowing if we can't see working dashes or binnacles there is no threat of frames becoming a reality either. I couldn't justify the ridiculous price tag for something that badly needed redesigned anyways. 25k+ depending on the day of the week gets you jigs, a expensive source of materials and a lack of knowledge for something that is kinda scratched on paper but mostly in the builders head.
    Do you have a target price for your frames?

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Still pushing hard for sub 10k rolling chassis (customer supplied hubs and wheels)
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    03572

Still pushing hard for sub 10k rolling chassis (customer supplied hubs and wheels)
    I like that goal.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I love you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast