FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pearce Design Components

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mluder View Post
    There's also this...

"As of December 2011 we no longer have any products in stock and Pearce Design Components is no longer in business. May thanks to the DeLorean Community it has been a fun ride."

http://www.pearce-design.com/companyinfo.html

Cheers.
    Steve
    Oops, sorry I didn't see that kind of information

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I will gladly take that title.

With PDC. DPI had first dibs on the rights, jigs etc. In the end it came down to it being a very dated design/fabrication process that was easier to just start from scratch on. Which for those who have stopped out recently have seen first hand. I know DMCH apparently was the other interested party. I let it pass knowing if we can't see working dashes or binnacles there is no threat of frames becoming a reality either. I couldn't justify the ridiculous price tag for something that badly needed redesigned anyways. 25k+ depending on the day of the week gets you jigs, a expensive source of materials and a lack of knowledge for something that is kinda scratched on paper but mostly in the builders head.
    Do you think you will be able to build the front lower control arm and front upper control arm in a near future?

Any update about this please?

My VIN:    Formerly 10989

I thought I saw something about Josh finished testing on the front lower control arms on his Facebook page.
    Josh Porter

Smile Lower Control Arm

Hello,

Is suggest you will want to visit our website www.Deloreanupgradeparts.com We have been producing the Lower Control Arm for 17 years. I think you will like what we offer the DeLorean community. Byrne

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrne H&A View Post
    Hello,

Is suggest you will want to visit our website www.Deloreanupgradeparts.com We have been producing the Lower Control Arm for 17 years. I think you will like what we offer the DeLorean community. Byrne
    Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate on how your control arms are an upgrade? I've been looking through your site and it looks like they're just new versions of the originals. I'm aware that for the most part, originals are unavailable, but is there anything different about yours that improves them? Also can you make them in stainless?

My VIN:    12306 xxxxxx RHD Twin Turbo

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate on how your control arms are an upgrade? I've been looking through your site and it looks like they're just new versions of the originals. I'm aware that for the most part, originals are unavailable, but is there anything different about yours that improves them?
    I have these, they're considerably thicker, heavier and stronger than the stock arms. Not expoy coated though, you have to do that yourself.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I recall weighing several arms for a comparison. I don't recall the numbers, but if OEM is baseline, the stainless arms are 1.5 the OEM weight and Byrnes are 2X the weight.

Byrnes arms use a proprietary inner urethane bushing, i.e. you can't press a stock bushing into the arm (the hole is too small by a very small amount). That is why they come with his arms.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Got ya, thanks for the info!

Josh, as you are producing lot of stainless parts at this time, did you find some time to reproduce these parts someday?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast