FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Waking a sleeping D...what parts do we need?

My VIN:    2681

Club(s):   (DMA)

So we ripped into the engine and are in the process of compiling a list of items we need. I have attached the picture of the Y pipe that sits below the intake...there are what appears to be 3 sensors inside it. What are these are do we need to replace them? On Houston's part list, I only see two sensors showing up that go into the Y pipe so I'm not sure which sensor is which since they appear to be missing one. Sorry if this is a dumb question...still kinda new at all this. Thanks guys!
    Attached Images

My VIN:    2681

Club(s):   (DMA)

Also, are there any other sensors that we should or could use replacing? Does any vendor sell a "sensor kit" or anyone have a complete list of all the sensors that the car uses?

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

I just helped a local owner get his car running after it sat for what he claimed was "only" 4 years. From what we had to do I think it was longer. Had to do everything in the fuel tank. The plunger was stuck in the mixture unit. The brake fluid and the clutch fluid was dark. Got it running and driving. He was very happy till he drove home and lost his brakes!!!!!!
    The take-home lesson is that if you wake a sleeping "D", figure on rebuilding the brakes and clutch right away too. Better sooner rather than later. At least I made sure the E Brake worked, he managed to make it home on just that! BTW, his A/C was dead, the small hose had burst. We replaced all the hoses and the accumulator. It was blowing cold when he left.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2