FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UK Exhaust

My VIN:    Vin 11753 ex Vin 11766, 11622

Club(s):   (ADOA) (DCH)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxat88MPH View Post
    There's no need to richen the fuel after installing this system.
    In our experience over here, we have found that in not all cases but some, an adjustment is required, mine being one.
    Al Vanstone
    Vin 11753 - Kuwait
    Ex Vin 11766 - Dubai
    Ex Vin 11622 - Culloden Auction

www.deloreanclub.co.uk
    As seen on The One Show, Channel 5, Discovery, Britains Greatest Machines and of course Wheeler Dealers!
    Want to know about balljoint failure.. look here http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/for...hp?f=13&t=2198

My VIN:    No. 4068

Hi there it's NickT from UK (Admin-bloke on www.deloreanclub.co.uk)

We did tests with Al's car on the rolling road we did at EuroTec.
    Initial tests showed it was a bit lean at the top end (using an air to fuel ratio meter while on the rollers.

To compensate for this, ensure that the primary fuel pressure is set to 5.3 to 5.5 bar (NO MORE THAN 5.5 Bar). I have found that from a stock engine, add a shim of 1 to 1.5mm thickness under the spring in the fuel pressure regulator. This is shaped like a washer (dough-nut). Outside diameter 9mm, inside diameter 5.5mm.
    Re-adjust fueling with the o2 sensor disconnected to 1.5% CO.
    Re-connect

On a couple of cars where the valve clearances were too wide the mixture had to be richeed to 2% with the oxygen sensor left disconnected.

On Al's car after adjustments his air to fuel ratio was consistent up to the rev range.

I just want to ensure you get the best performance out of your nice sexy exhaust system with the testing we have done over here validated on the rollers.

BTW Luckily we don't need catalytic converters over here for that age of car.
    You can order this exhaust with them though.

Good luck and enjoy.

NickT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Popp View Post
    A few weeks ago, the UK exhaust was finally installed on my Delorean. It took one whole day, from approx 8 am until 10 pm with a couple breaks in between.

Arrival:

Before:

Only 1 out of 12 possible studs broke removing the old manifolds, and almost all the bolts broke removing the cat and crossover pipe.

After:

I recieved a tremendous amount of help from Sean Lowe (Serenity screen name) and Josh Q (DeloreanJoshQ screen name) during the removal/installation. Also, they provided cameras since I forgot mine, thanks for that!

The best way I can describe the results is to say it's more throat-y and european. At idle, the noise level difference is very minimal. At highway speeds or crusing, the cabin noise is also a very minimal change. You can really hear the differece during accelleration, as well as feel a little more HP. It also looks very nice. I would reccomend this exuast if you're in the market.
    Looks awesome Jeremy! Glad you got it put together with no major issues. Wish I could have stayed longer to help out..Looking forward to seeing you and everyone July 4th!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2