FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My stock D is going to Danny at DMC Monday. What upgrades should i have him do?

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    The top half of the intake with the sensor plate is removed. You split it by removing the socket head cap screws around the outside. No biggie.
    But you don't run without it though, right?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    16563

Wow all Great. Yes my motor needs assembly, hoses, fuel dist. No worries.
    My list so far for Danny :
    Check trailing arm bolts
    Tabs
    Ball joints
    Tie rod ends
    Eibach springs upgrade (if price isn't too horrible)
    Stainless steel coolant bottle
    Relay, fuse upgrade kit/rpm relay.
    Fan fail wiring.
    D recalls.
    Louvre brace.
    Check entire brake system

That's my list so far.
    Does the recall work get handled in the same way as any car recall. Danny fixes any recalls for free?
    1983 Delorean-auto, black/gray int. 38k miles

Johnathan,

No I def don't run it without the motor complete. We started on the enging cleanup a few weeks ago. The cooling system was horribly rusted, some metal pieces corroded, gaskets dried out. Front main seal etc. That's all done now. Danny will need to install new hoses, replacement muffler as mine is hollow inside. I'm expecting to spend up to1500- 2k on random stuff. Can't go higher than that yet due to the fact I just bought the car.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by artisticent View Post
    Does the recall work get handled in the same way as any car recall. Danny fixes any recalls for free?
    Delorean Motor Company went bankrupt nearly 3 decades ago. The people currently using the name are NOT Delorean Motor Company.

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Just have Danny go over the car and make suggestions. When you get his list you can stop back here and ask any questions about what you can DIY.

Tom

STEVEDMC,

Right that's what I thought. So my question specifically was do we pay to have the recall work done?

My VIN:    16419

When I first got my car, I went to the DMC site and bought almost every upgrade kit they had. Did the whole stage 2 upgrade, the power upgrade (Wires plugs etc) the relay upgrade, the headlight upgrade, the suspension and break upgrade. and all the new hose and gasket upgrade. I think that is always a great place to start.

Wow, what was your first bill roughly

My VIN:    3937

Hey Art,

Just a note on "free" recall service work. It is now again known as "DMC" but it is not the same company as the original one in the 80's. Yes, same car, leftover parts inventory, similar logo, and access to the history, but they are definitely not obligated to do any work on the cars for free.

It's not like taking your Pontiac in to a GM dealership and having them do a free of charge safety recall. We're driving orphan cars if you look at it that way and the parents left this world long ago.

Now, I would guess if you dropped your car off to the franchise and told them to make it better, you would get a pretty good rate on recall work shop hours, but it won't be free.

Does that make sense?

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Yes that makes perfect sense. I'm hoping that Danny is kind with what I am charged. I have a budget so I guess its a matter of how many cool things can I have done for the amount I can spend. I'm super crazy excited though. I'm chomping at the bit to drive this car.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast