FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Heater control valve cross-reference/improved part?

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    After much searching I came across this hot water valve for a Jaguar that was not plastic - installed and working an absolute treat!
    Attachment 61121
    Oooh, I also need to replace mine and would be interested in a part number if you're willing.
    David Proehl

My VIN:    6679

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    Howdy Chris.....Can you share the part # for that valve? TFYR
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Oooh, I also need to replace mine and would be interested in a part number if you're willing.
    It's a Tora (ironically same make as the crap unit) part C41051 to suit the Jaguar XJS, XJ6, and XJ12.
    Chris

My VIN:    04629

Heater Control Valve

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I have one on the way....btw it fits a 1977-1981 Jag

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by ritztoys View Post
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I have one on the way....btw it fits a 1977-1981 Jag
    +1! Thanks!
    David Proehl

My VIN:    5625

Well crap..... as usual, I'm late to the party

I just purchased a heater control valve from DeLorean GO that looks identical to the one that seems to have the catastrophic failures everyone has been having. Though I must admit, it also looks exactly like a Motorcraft YG136 valve too. I wonder if they are one in the same, or the one's from Hervey were just a Chinese knock off of the same part. I also wonder if I can find any failure rates for the motorcraft part.

I have an email into Arran about where the part he sells comes from. I did think it was a bit weird that he sold 3 different iterations of the heater control valve. I thought going half metal over plastic was a safe bet. I'm sure glad I didn't install it yet, as I was literally going to do it this weekend. The following picture is part 100763A from DeLorean Go. I'll get back with Arran's response.
    Attached Images
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    Well crap..... as usual, I'm late to the party

I just purchased a heater control valve from DeLorean GO that looks identical to the one that seems to have the catastrophic failures everyone has been having. Though I must admit, it also looks exactly like a Motorcraft YG136 valve too. I wonder if they are one in the same, or the one's from Hervey were just a Chinese knock off of the same part. I also wonder if I can find any failure rates for the motorcraft part.

I have an email into Arran about where the part he sells comes from. I did think it was a bit weird that he sold 3 different iterations of the heater control valve. I thought going half metal over plastic was a safe bet. I'm sure glad I didn't install it yet, as I was literally going to do it this weekend. The following picture is part 100763A from DeLorean Go. I'll get back with Arran's response.
    Alright guys -

Arran's response:

100763A / 100763 / 100763M – all made in China. Even the Motorcraft one I think is made in China now.

I’ve not had any issues with my version of the 100763A, although I have heard of the issues as you say with other versions of these (not from me).
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5