FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: *Purely Sentimental* - My search for VIN #3218 (or pieces of her)

My VIN:    Previous owner of VIN #3218

*Purely Sentimental* - My search for VIN #3218 (or pieces of her)

Hi All,

I used to own VIN #3218 which was given to me by my grandfather with 3k miles on it, the car had been regularly serviced by Rob Grady. I lost the car in an accident in Long Island, NY in 1990 and sadly my grandfather a few years later.

Attached are a couple pics I recently found of the damage. I was curious what happened to her (tried reaching out to Rob Grady but haven't heard anything), whether she was stripped down for parts or even rebuilt so I pulled a carfax on the VIN. Here's what came back

CARFAX on SCEDT26T8BD003218 - Severe Damage
    06/09/1992 New York
    Motor Vehicle Dept.
    Melville, NY
    SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED

DMC_accident_Exterior_small.jpgDMC_accident_Interior_small.jpgDMC_Amagansett.jpg

I would love to know where 3218 ended up (or pieces of her). I'm going to purchase another D sometime this year and for purely sentimental reasons would love to try and transplant something from my original car (anything)....if possible.

Also, a few of you were kind enough to share some feedback from my original post. Really appreciate your help!

If you guys have any thoughts on my recent obsession please let me know.

All the best, Jason
    Attached Files
    J.Randall

I used to own a DeLorean! Sadly it was totaled in 1990, planning on getting another soon...
    VIN #3218 / AUG '81 / Grey Interior/ Automatic / Grooved No-flap

My VIN:    Formerly 0774, Formerly 3165 twice

Club(s):   (DMA) (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Good god man! looks like that was one hell of a hit!. Mine survived a nasty rearend sandwich on the Verazzano bridge back on Christmas day 1999. My motor was knocked off the mounts and my hood and left front fender were smashed!. But Rob Grady brought it back to life. At the time it was within $500. of being totalled so I feel your pain with this. Good luck with your search. Looks like it was a really nice car.

Just a side note. I recently had a conversation with a guy about a wrecked Delorean in a salvage yard in Bayonne NJ. I have no idea exactly where in Bayonne and haven't had the chance to look for myself. I kinda doubt the validity of these stories sometimes because I hear them way too often and most of the time there a bust.
    Last edited by DMC3165; 07-30-2012 at 04:58 AM.
    Chris Piazza
    1GR8STRY
    Owner of 3165 by default

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

Wow, amazing damage!
    You were hit by a trunk or a speedy car?