FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: So what's a Right fender worth nowadays?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

So what's a Right fender worth nowadays?

I recently picked up a cache of fenders, so I figured my Left fender that's been hanging on my office wall could be sold since I have come into this lot. Among them are 2 LF's and 2 RF's, one of which is NOS and never before installed on a car. It's also a solid fender(no antenna hole, nor has it been filled and welded)

I have a decent idea of what the others will fetch, but what should I ask for a NOS RF with no antenna hole?
    Last edited by Michael; 07-31-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Well if its mint i suppose you could charge what Houston does, $795 but i doubt it will sell soon unless you include free shipping or something like a free mystery prize as well. So maybe $500?

Quote Originally Posted by vwdmc16 View Post
    Well if its mint i suppose you could charge what Houston does, $795 but i doubt it will sell soon unless you include free shipping or something like a free mystery prize as well. So maybe $500?
    Houston does not stock these fenders anymore. All they have are antenna hole fenders that have been welded up and trust me the repair is not invisible(I have one on my refurb). The circle outline is clearly visible as well as a "wave" that looks like a dent if you scope down the top. Both of my RFs are solid from the factory, one is NOS, one is used but perfect.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Depends on how bad you want to move it. Since it is a Clean NO hole fender. I would put a small premium on it. Definitely advertise it as a no longer available NOS without a repair.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    1768

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Ah well is didnt know they were DMCH NLA.

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

It all depends on the quality of the repair. I have a patched antenna hole on my LFF and I can't tell that it was there. It all depends on the quality of the repair to the stainless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I have a patched antenna hole on my LFF and I can't tell that it was there.
    I bet you a dollar I could find it. That's the thing about repairs to stainless, it's all about perception. To a seller a repair is "invisible", but a buyer will look at it and say it's totaled. I am over the top anal about my car, so if I look at my RF and see that repair it's an eyesore, but nobody, and I mean nobody else has ever seen it or mentioned it.

I will be replacing that patched fender on my car soon with one of my perfect RF's and selling the patched fender along with a "non-repaired" RF. I'm thinking about 500.00 for the patched fender, 850 for the NOS fender, and 700.00 for the used solid fender, ebay will be the ultimate decider though.
    Last edited by Michael; 08-01-2012 at 02:45 PM.