FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Air Conditioning

My VIN:    16419

Air Conditioning

I have been wanting to get the ac system charged in my car and know that the origional system was an R12. While doing other stuff in the engine bay yesterday, I finally took the time to read a sticker that was placed on the back wall of the engine. Says the system was retrofitted for R135A. That would be a good thing if it was. How does one go about finding out what system is actually in the car?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by jfirios View Post
    I have been wanting to get the ac system charged in my car and know that the origional system was an R12. While doing other stuff in the engine bay yesterday, I finally took the time to read a sticker that was placed on the back wall of the engine. Says the system was retrofitted for R135A. That would be a good thing if it was. How does one go about finding out what system is actually in the car?
    A good A/C shop wll have a refrigerant identifier, but best bet is just to start over. I have no idea what R135A might be, could you mean R134A?

It's only a good thing if they did it correctly. If they did a dump-and-run the system may be clogged up.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    16419

this is the sticker that is in the engine bay. Yes it is R134a coolant supposedlyIMG_2418.jpg.