FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New stainless fuel lines

My VIN:    05141

I got mine from DMC EU I know the black sleeves protect the fuellines, but I like the look better this way. But indeed, the set was not complete, so the other ones were done later. Original fuellines may have small cracks, and I've seen enough stories and pictures of burned Delorean often casued by obsolete fuellines, so I think it is a wise and safe investment.

John
    Attached Images

Steering with power

Young Padawan With The DeLorean kings1527's Avatar

My VIN:    6575

Quote Originally Posted by Dmc10398 View Post
    Not to start another John bashing thread but to keep it short I've had bad experiences with him on parts as well as getting core charges returned so I have no plans to purchase anything from him in the near future.

But you are correct the DMC CA set comes with nine fuel lines vs the 13 piece the John sells, so I guess there price is not so cheap after all. But I still like the fact that DMC CA doesn't require a core charge and it come from a much more trustworth source. (in my opinion)
    You beat me to the punch on this. I just ordered a set of SS fuel lines from DMC CA a few days ago and I was very impressed with the quality and the price. I was going to do a post and a plug for DMC CA on this. They had a wide range of colors to choose from (at no extra charge) but the black sleeved looked the best and closest to stock.

I didn't know it was a set of nine instead of 13 but I think I'm alright with that. They also had SS banjo bolts for $5 each, versus $3 for the regular ones so of course I went with the SS.

Alex

Alex Abdalla

Late 1981, Grey 5-speed, 75k miles. Built 11/11/81

A stock-look with modern, reliable technology.

A full restoration with step-by-step "what I did" is in progress at www.delorean6575revisited.blogspot.com

My VIN:    #15768 EX #4584

Club(s):   (DOC-UK)

Another vote for John's I have installed 2 full sets on my own cars and assisted with at least 3 others on other UK cars as well. A great improvement over stock IMHO. Cant comment on DMC CA's as I have not seen them as yet.
    Chris
    Chris Williams #15768 Back on the road after 14 years. Ex#4584
    Worldwide DeLorean Owners Club: www.deloreans.co.uk Full colour DeLorean magazine shipped worldwide.
    DeLorean Essential Buyers Guide: http://deloreans.co.uk/product/delor...-buyers-guide/

SS fuel lines.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean03 View Post
    John Hervey's SS lines are WELL worth their money. Had mine for nearly 8.5 years - not had one single problem.
    Hear, hear to "DeLorean03", John's SS lines are excellent and as mentioned earlier, they free up space for plug leads and electrical wiring and make an otherwise untidy looking engine look much less cluttered. BTW for those of you still crunching first and reverse on hot days, you are probably overdue for the SS clutch pipe, too. What the heck, it's only money!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2