FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine bay photos

Car Fanatic. Technical Novice. pezzonovante88's Avatar

My VIN:    Previous Owner of 5875

Club(s):   (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Thank you. I really like that air box too but I do remember it was expensive. I'm going to replace the gray cover I made with a clear lexan cover (which is what its sold with) and add some ambient lighting....just enough to be tasteful but not over the top ricey. Also all of my "modest" mods are easily reversible.
    Hervey at SpecialT sells something similar, but it has a translucent top, so it would have to be modified to have the same DMC cover yours has. It's something I would like to have, but it's just not on the priority list right now.
    Previous Owner of 5875 - 1981/Grey/5-Speed/Grooved Hood

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris3991 View Post
    Perhaps someone here can better explain this aftermarket intake.

Attachment 15345
    Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    Apparently someone who wanted a "hot air intake" instead of a "cold air intake".
    Just fyi, It's the air intake that is used on the Volvo 760. On the 760 it just uses an air filter further down stream. I believe a better plan would have been to put a cone filter in the pontoon to still use cold clean air.

Also if anyone wants one of these, I have one for sale:
    Alternate Intake 1.jpgAlternate Intake.jpg

I originally thought about using it on my PRV but just never got around to it.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 12-07-2012 at 11:39 PM.

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

DSC02479.jpg

This pic is from a 1 1/2 year ago. It has since been reinstalled in #1283.

My VIN:    SCEDT26T5BD06996

Club(s):   (DMA)

I call this DIRT... SPAGHETTI... and MEDIOCRITY!!!

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man"
    - William Shakespeare

Love the 170 Cubic Inch sticker

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by congerz83 View Post
    I call this DIRT... SPAGHETTI... and MEDIOCRITY!!!
    Hey, you show-off with that fancy A/M air filter and the upgraded coolant bottle

My VIN:    SCEDT26T5BD06996

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    Love the 170 Cubic Inch sticker
    Yeah the 170-I6 was used by Ford in Falcons and Mustangs from 61-67...

I thought it would look cool. Also, it's not too far off in size compared to the PRV. I'm a Mustang guy too, so this honors both addictions...
    "He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man"
    - William Shakespeare

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

corner connection cover

Several years ago on the old DMC site someone mentioned that the multi colored connectors in the corner were almost to pretty to cover up. He suggested a clear plastic cover would set them off nicely. Thinking that was a cool idea I promptly Made one up with plastic, alum. and clear silicone. Because of my early VIN the original cover was held on with one screw and coolant hoses pressing against it. I've seen others with a kind of latch clip. My question is would there be any interest in my setting up a production run and selling them for $60 [shipping incl.]
    I don't know how to post photos to the net so I can't show what they look like. I know Don Steger took pictures at a meet, maybe he could set some up. To the MODS if this needs to be moved to different site, sorry....

Paul Cerny
    Kalispell, MT
    [email protected]

To post a photo you do one of 2 things. If you're posting a photo that is already somewhere online, you just go to the photo, right click on it, and get the direct link for it. In google chrome it's easy because when you right click on a photo, one of the options is "copy image URL". If you're using explorer you have to right click, get the image properties, and copy the direct link to the image. Either way, once you've copied the link, you either click on the "insert image" button, click the "from URL" tab and paste the link, and click. You may or may not have to uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box. If you dont want to click the insert photo button, you can simple paste the URL into your post, inside of these tags: [img][/img]

If you're posting from your computer, you click "manage attachments" below the box you type in to reply, click "add files", then "select files", then find the photos you want to upload on your computer. Then click "upload files". Once they're uploaded, you check the box by them and click "insert inline" at the spot you want to post them in your post.

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

photos......

right.............your talking to a guy who typed this all out with one finger

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast